PDA

View Full Version : Big Horney Bastard..

HideHunter
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Thought you guys might like to see what we consider to be a big set of antlers in Iowa. Good friend of mine found the first half about a month ago. It scored 102". This week he found the other half.. 110". He's a hard-core deer hunter and practices QDM about as much as is feasible here. He has the deer on camera several times but it is pretty much 100% nocturnal. Found both sides on his property about a half mile apart. Purty fair set of horns.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8554/8699677042_8e0e49bfa8_m.jpg

Arty
05-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Wow. One day ill have time and money to hint something like that!

HideHunter
05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
lol... well - your response is truly underwhelming.. :moon Don't mind me. I'll check back after baseball season. :usa2

Buckrub
05-03-2013, 11:46 AM
It looks big Gene.

You got a REAL pic of it? I can barely see it!!

But hey.......I EXPECT Iowa to produce such deer. I wanna hunt on Raccoon and Skunk Creek!! (That's the area I saw coming back from JB's last year)

Besides, if you haven't noticed.....there's only 4 guys on here that deer hunt anymore, best I can count..............:(

Bwana
05-03-2013, 11:50 AM
That is one whale of a buck and glad to see the gent was able to locate both of the sheds.

Over the years I have been able to handle a number of racks that have grossed more then 200 points but nothing in the 230 class like that buck would be. One thing I have found is that though pictures of such racks are impressive, you really need to see them up close and personal or better yet touch them with your own hands in order to truly appreciate them.

That probably holds true for any and all racks, bone or not. ;)