PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I will finally get to go fishing

Bwana
05-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Though we are smack dab in the middle of the turkey season and I have yet to fill, it looks like I will be fishing the mighty Missouri River this weekend instead. Brother-in-law called to see if we had plans for this weekend and my youngest boy said "turkey hunting," but then remembered he has lifeguarding classes today through Sunday so no hunting for him.

Took the boat down to the river last night to make sure I solved the problem I stumbled upon last fall where water was not coming out of the peephole. It hurt that I only had enough time to back down the ramp, turn the motor over, make sure the engine was pissing as it should, and then head back home. At least I know everything works. Have the charger on the last battery as we speak so now just need to buy some minnows, find my jigs, and have it all in the boat waiting for Saturday morning.

Bring on the walleye!

P.S.
I WILL be bringing the shotgun along just in case a gobbler is dumb enough to show himself while we are fishing. Now THAT would be a cool combo, fish and feathers all from the same outing.

Buckrub
05-02-2013, 03:47 PM
One of my favorite fishing holes is called "Turkey Hunter Hole" (by us only). We fish this little lake sometimes that has little visible structure. BUT, there is a ton of brushtops they pushed together when they made the lake. Crappie love 'em! BUT, you gotta have 'em GPS'ed. I have a bunch marked, but one day in 2006 there were these two guys fishing one afternoon in full camo in April. We (duh) figured they had been turkey hunting and came fishing in the afternoon. It was a hole in a different, hard to get to, spot that we didn't know about. It has produced tons of fish for us. So, clearly there are those that both turkey hunt and fish in the same day.

Good luck.

P.S.
Thought all y'all wuz flooded up there?????

Bwana
05-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Some of that going on in the Red River basin on the eastern side of the state, the Pembina River along the Canadian border in the NE corner of the state, and a bit on the Souris/Mouse River loop but nothing too nasty.

As for here, no flooding at all as most of our precip soaked up as slick as can be.

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2013, 08:38 AM
How'd it go?

Bwana
05-06-2013, 02:19 PM
As the saying goes, "The fishing is always good, but sometimes the catching isn't." which I'm beginning to realize should be my mantra when it comes to fishing these days.

There were only two fish caught, a 6-lb catfish and a 23.5" walleye that was about 4 lbs, and both of those were by my bother-in-law. The only thing I caught was a sunburn but did get to spend a nice day in the boat and fish some new water so life is good.

Bwana
05-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Pics from the i-phone.

Sunshine
05-07-2013, 08:13 PM
That's a nice walleye!
Haven't done much catfish fishing.
Had walleye for dinner, couple days ago.

Can't wait to go walleye, bass fishing again!!

Looks like you had nice weather.
At least it wasn't raining!!!

Thanks for sharing.