PDA

View Full Version : Where is it all going to end???

Thumper
05-03-2013, 01:01 PM
For years, I've thought the biggest rip-offs were the oil companies, but I'm beginning to think the airlines are about to take the crown. FEES, fees and more fees. I think it's getting out of hand. They started charging such crazy checked baggage fees that everyone started traveling "light" ... with carry-on only. Now Spirit and Frontier are charging $100 for a frigging CARRY-ON bag! This is bullshit.

http://www.businessinsider.com/frontier-airlines-to-charge-100-for-carry-on-bags-2013-5

Buckrub
05-03-2013, 01:12 PM
They bring it on themselves. They are all going bankrupt. All they have to do is A) charge the REAL price for a ticket, and B) make fares fully understandable and simple. But they refuse.

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2013, 01:21 PM
You obviously have a problem with good old american capitalism.

BKB

LJ3
05-03-2013, 01:29 PM
We should let a capitalist start his own airline... call it Ted or something.

Buckrub
05-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Not very good capitalism. They're going broke in buckets.

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm sure it because of their unions
BKB

Buckrub
05-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Probably charge a lot less without 'em, yeah.

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2013, 01:58 PM
The airline industry can be profitable. Southwest is still making good money, EBITDA is increasing quarterly, and they aren't shrinking or having to merge to survive. It all has to do with how well these companies control cost. If Southwest can make money and not charge for bags, then the rest of them can do it too.
American Airlines is the worse ran company in America. And it shows in their losses. But they still paid their execs huge bonuses even in failure. that'll show you how upside down their thinking is right there.

BKB

Buckrub
05-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Here. Bolster your argument with this:

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/blog/labor-relations-southwest-airlines

Fair and Balanced. You're welcome.