PDA

View Full Version : Moving Cardinals

Buckrub
05-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Posthole's favorite up-and-comer, Shelby Miller, will AGAIN face Posthole's shoulda-signed-old-guy, Kyle Lohse, tonight. Good that they are under the dome in North Chicago (also known as Milwaukee).

And they finally, lawzy mercy I'm so finally glad.......sent Boggs down to Memphis. Maybe he can get right, because he can have great stuff. And there are just SO many pitchers on Earth....but Martinez is the new 'whiz'............ Next year we'll have Wacha hopefully, and Martinez, and if Kelley gets right that's a ton of new, young pitchers.........and with pitching and defense comes winning.

Now, if they can see their way clear to boot Descalso to China or someplace, and bring up Wong.......and put Freese out there permanently (he WILL fix it in time), and put Carpenter at 2B where they pushed him into, and which he has solved..........then I'm happy, win or lose.

But Matheny is really learning on the job, huh? I like what I see there too, so far. For $850K a year, they got a good manager, who will be great some day.

Man I miss being at the park. I miss it bad this year. It's eating at me.

LW
05-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I agree with you about everything but Descalso. And Im not in the mood to debate.

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Looks like Motte is going under the knife now too. Glad to see some new bullpen blood up from the minors. But the pen overall needs to get its shit together. That ain't pitching, they're throwing. Ryan Braun doesn't care if you throw 100 mph. Just makes his job easier.
And Descalso is an important player on that team. He can play anywhere in the infield and at times is a good offensive weapon. He ain't a Freeze or a Craig, but so far Freeze hasn't either.

BKB

Buckrub
05-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Told ya Motte would have surgery.............a month ago. No reason for 5 week delay! Greedy goofuses. Now he's lost till 2015 season.

Descalso is a bench player. But he's making error after error this year, and they've played him too much while benching Freese. Freese is connecting finally, and would have sooner if they'd have benched Descalso sooner.

LW
05-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Freese is fine when his vagina isnt sprained.

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Now now.

You know its a good major league debut when Yadi pats a rookie on the head on the way to the dugout.

Both looked good in their first games in the bigs!
BKB

Buckrub
05-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Two rookie pitchers. And the beat goes on. Plus several more in the minors that will be there.

And Freese must have been wearing a tampax, cause he looked good.

And Milwaukee didn't wear their Retro Uniforms......but clearly they had hats from 1980.

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Those were some ugly caps.

Say, what do think of the new uni's for Saturday games? I like them. The good thing about long time tradition is throwback doesn't look throwback. Nor does throwback look like something from Willy Wonka, aka the Pirates old unis, or the Lastros.

BKB

Buckrub
05-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Amen. I'm coveting one of those uniforms bad.............stupid wife bought a Pujols jersey right before he left. I TOLD her to get a Molina (her cute lovey dovey boy that she has the hots for), but noooooo.

If it ever warms up, I'll just wear my Musial T Shirt.

LW
05-04-2013, 07:25 PM
They pulled out a tough one today. Waino got roughed up a bit. Good thing Descalso postponed the china trip. Needed the 2 run homer. Kozma contiunes to amaze at ss.

BarryBobPosthole
05-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Didn't Descalso hit the game winner?

BKB

Buckrub
05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

LW
05-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I suppose you would like to send beltran to argentina or something.

Buckrub
05-04-2013, 08:16 PM
OK I WAS WRONG!

OK?

Geez. I'm old. I haven't watched much baseball. I'm just learning. Give me a break.

LW
05-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Ok.

BarryBobPosthole
05-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Kozma is playing lights out in the field though. And Jay is apparently back to form. Batting 7th seems to suit him.
BKB

LW
05-04-2013, 09:06 PM
I love it that the Cards are doing well and Pujols is playing for a team that is .367.

LJ3
05-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Freese is fine when his vagina isnt sprained.

Now THAT is funny!

BarryBobPosthole
05-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Our chinese 2nd baseman, Dan-yul Des-cal-zo is doing pretty well in the field today. And at the plate.
BKB

Buckrub
05-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah, and the resident baseball idiot said he WAS SORRY!

Buckrub
05-05-2013, 05:30 PM
So, when was cloning invented? I missed it. Clearly Carlos is really Pedro!!!