PDA

View Full Version : Phone.....

Buckrub
05-04-2013, 03:29 PM
I guess I'm losing my mind.

Wife wants new phone, and finally her time to buy has come around. She wants a Samsung Note II.

I looked all over, and saw them at Sam's for AT&T for $148.88, existing customer, upgrading with new 2 yr commitment......so we drive down to Little Rock to Sam's today to get it for her. WELL! They are $198.88. I asked why. The girl said "Oh, all Sam's prices are different!! Online is different"... I KNEW I saw it online for $148.88 so I drove home.

Checked, and nope.........it's $198.88!!

Same as Best Buy.

Walmart AND ATT store want $250.00!!

I have no idea why the price would change. Cost me a buncha gallons of gas and aggravation.

Niner
05-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Hate to say it.....well not "hate", but when I am due for an upgrade (I think that's what they call it), I'm gonna leave the Android platform behind, and get the Apple this time. Daughter changed to Apple last year, and says the difference is night and day. One biggie is that the Apple doesn't constantly launch apps randomly and at its own whims. I swear, I can kill 11 apps, and five mins later it has launched 8 more on its own. And yes, I am using the appkiller app too.

Buckrub
05-05-2013, 10:22 AM
All smartphones have positives.........saw an editorial that said "Apple is best for Grandma and Grandpa"........:) So maybe that's what you oughtta use, there, Niner!

Just kidding. I could act like Thump on a Toyota discussion about Android, but I won't. All of the dang things RING, and that's a drawback to all of 'em!!! (But neither mine nor my wife's android randomly launches apps. The touchscreen is 'touchy' if you don't lock it, and we find ourselves touching the wrong thing sometimes, but just laying there.....it doesn't launch anything).

Whatever you get, if you get it at Sam's, try and make sure of the price BEFORE you drive over there!!