PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional Carry

Buckrub
05-04-2013, 08:13 PM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/arkansas-become-fifth-state-constitutional-carry

LW
05-04-2013, 08:31 PM
So Arkansas will allow anybody to carry but you may get rang up by the locals who dont understand the law or who just interpret it differently.

Buckrub
05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
I don't know.

Niner
05-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Interesting law in light of all of the anti-gun legislation in the news. Bravo Zulu to the legiscritters of Arkieland.

So would this apply to anyone physically in the state of Arkie, or just residents? And, if it only applies to residents, how would they "prove" their residency to a LEO if/when stopped?

Buckrub
05-05-2013, 10:28 AM
By their DL.

More questions no one knows the answer to, Niner.

The deal is, this can NOT be a "Total Carry Anywhere You Want Concealed or Unconcealed" Law, or our (D) Governor would NEVER have signed it. He's vetoed stuff right and left this year, but here it only takes a majority to override a veto, so if a bill passes, then it should overcome a veto. But he signed this instantly. That tells me it doesn't mean what everyone thinks it does. We'll see.

This is my year to renew my CCL. I can't do it until September 16 or after (60 days prior to expiration). There is a 120 day delay now because so many folks are getting new ones and renewing......so I'll probably go through deer season with an unexpired CCL..........and deer season, specifically ML season, is the reason I got it.......so I'm hoping this law is tested by then and we know what's what.