PDA

View Full Version : Hey eddie!

Bwana
05-06-2013, 02:38 PM
I tried the pickle recipe you posted last weekend and have to say it turned out some darned good pickles!

That being said, for the next batch I am going to cut down on the amount of both the sugar and tobacco sauce.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Thumper
05-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Tobacco sauce?? YUCK!!! ;)

Big Skyz
05-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Tobacco sauce...sheesh...North Dakotan's.

Bwana
05-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Here is the recipe I used:
REAL Cajun Spicey Sweet Pickles....
The same ole Cajun lady that gave me the praline recipe, also gave me her Cajun sweet pickle recipe....I've made them several times, and it is absolutely the easiest way to make sweet, spicy, crunchy sweet pickles.

Any idjit can make these pickles....even Buckley couldn't screw up this recipe!!!

And, they're ready to eat in about 24 hours!!!

If you don't like these pickles, call me collect, and I'll refund your money!!!

1 gal. jug of plain WHOLE unsliced DILL pickles

5 pounds of sugar

1 cup plain taragon vinegar

2 oz. bottle of Tabasco sauce

2 cloves chopped garlic

1 heaping tablespoon pickling spices (optional)

Remove pickles from gallon jug, and discard the dill juice. Slice pickles into thick 1/4 inch slices.

Rinse out the gallon jug.

Place a layer of the sliced pickles into bottom of gallon jug.

Add a little of the vinegar mixture, some of the sugar, and then more pickles.

Repeat layering until all ingredients are in the jug.

(Yes, it will all fit into the jug, but you gotta really stuff it all in there.)

Place lid on the jug, tightly, and lay jug on it's side.

Ocassionally, rotate the jug until all the sugar is dissolved.

Chill in fridge, and they'll get crunchy.

Usually, takes about 24 hours, and they're ready to eat.

Thumper
05-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Huh??? What kind of pickle recipe is that? You start out with a gallon jar of PICKLES??? Isn't that cheating?

Heck, I don't cook, but I make great homemade garlic bread. I go to the store, buy a loaf of French bread, take it home and discard the wrapper, slice lengthwise, smear some garlic butter on each side, pop it in the oven and BAM! "Homemade" garlic bread! :D

That said, my grandmother made the best pickles I've ever had in my life. I guess you could say they were from "scratch". She'd buy a bushel of those little pickling cucumbers and ... well, that's all I know. I "think" I have her recipe around here someplace ... just never tried makin' 'em myself.

BarryBobPosthole
05-06-2013, 06:08 PM
So what are these called? Marlboro Pickled pickles?

BKB

Big Muddy
05-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Glad you liked 'em, Bwana....that's all we eat, now....simple and delicious.

If you get a chance, try the praline recipe, too....I'm sitting here, chomping on my last one, right now....Wifey needs to make some more for me....I just can't get enough of 'em.

Thumper
05-06-2013, 11:36 PM
So what are these called? Marlboro Pickled pickles?

BKB

I was wonderin' where you get tobacco sauce. Is that the "juice" in the bottom of a spittoon? :confused:

Bwana
05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Damn autocorrect!

Thumper
05-07-2013, 11:26 AM
:lmao