PDA

View Full Version : Test, test, testicles ...

Thumper
05-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Is this joint up and running?

Thumper
05-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Seems to be ok. I just had e-Bay go down. I get a page that says:

This page can't be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://rover.ebay.com is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I refreshed my e-mail and got the same thing. Then I tried to do some on-line banking ... same deal. Right now, Good Hunting is all I gots. Anybody else having problems?

Thumper
05-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Is this the big computer hacking deal they've been talking about that's supposed to hit the major banks today?

Thumper
05-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Dang ... I'm dead in the water except for this joint. I can't even bring up Google!

Thumper
05-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Well, that was weird. Everything's back up again. Was it just me?

Buckrub
05-08-2013, 11:27 AM
yes.

Thumper
05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Ha! I guess so. Odd how EVERYTHING went down except this site. Weird.

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Only one thing I want to know. How the hell is it you posted and replied to yourself six times and you never changed the subject or told a story even once.

That's gotta be a record of some kind.

The hacking deal has me interested. I'm reading the John Sandford 'Kidd' series right now (thanks Johnboy) and those books are about the very same kind of deal.

BKB

Big Muddy
05-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Only one thing I want to know. How the hell is it you posted and replied to yourself six times and you never changed the subject or told a story even once.

BKB

He's ambidextrosexual ;)

jb
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
my puter shut down also, had to restart to make things come back, internet took forever to reload.
damn, better put the tinfoil hat back on.

Thumper
05-08-2013, 02:24 PM
That's persactly what I did Bubba. EVERYTHING (but this site) went down for about 10 minutes. I tried Google, I tried to go directly to links in my "favorites" folder ... NOTHING worked. Even my e-mail went down and would not reload ... yet this site worked fine throughout. (maybe some techie can 'splain that one)

Once everything came back up ... it was slow, so I rebooted and all was fine again.

quercus alba
05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Posthole,
Kidd shows up in some of the davenport books.

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Yep, seen him pop up here and there. I guess he was the first character Sandford wrote about before any of the Davenport or Virgil Flowers books were written. I downloaded the Kidd books to my Kindle for vacation reading material but opened the first one up and have now read three of them in a row without stopping. Looks like I'll have to search for more reading material for vacation because I'm kinda hooked. You can sure tell how Sandford's writing style improved over the course of these books. The first one was pretty terrible. The rest are pretty good though so far. Just finished The Devil's File.
BKB

LJ3
05-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I heard there were some interweb wide DNS issues earlier today. We had a lot of complaints in a call center but everything seemed to be working fine.

and BBP, that was amazing that he stayed on topic with himself for that long! :)

Thumper
05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Ha! What's that old saying about throwing stones and living in glass houses? Ol' P-hole rags on me like I can't stay on subject and all of a sudden he and QA are talking about books! Sheesh! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! ;)

Niner
05-09-2013, 11:21 AM
So now we're off on a cooking topic????