PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYBODY work anymore?

Buckrub
05-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Been retired two years. Promised myself I'd not fish on weekends any more. Even have my own website dedicated to it:

www.weekdayfisherman.com

But now it seems that every day I go, the ramp is crowded. Doesn't matter what day. Monday is the WORST, though.

Not all old retired guys either. Every age. $50 throw in boats. $50,000 hair-on-fire bass boats. Everything. Every body.

Either the entire world is Disabled (and thus the reason the Arkansas disabled license plates are now up to 285,824, or 10% of our population), or unemployed, or independently wealthy, or just retired at some early age.

Is there any crappie in Wyoming, reckon??

Chicken Dinner
05-08-2013, 12:04 PM
It could just be in the "new economy" folks just don't work 9-5, M-F as much any more.

Niner
05-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Hey, what with the new Obamacare rules and all, folks are only allowed to work part time now. Theys got's ta feed theys fambly somekinda way.

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I don't wanna hear about folks who can fish any time they want. Especially when I'm stuck here on a very pretty day. the third pretty day this week in fact.
So stop your bitchin' you old retired fart.

BKB

ps make that 'deranged old tired fart'

Big Muddy
05-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Bucknard, come on down to Chicot, any time you choose....my last crappie trip over there, I saw exactly 2 boats on the entire south end of the lake....and, it wasn't because the fish weren't biting, either, because I caught a half-cooler-full in about 3 hours.

'Course, I'll hafta blindfold ya, if ya want me take you to my "69 Hole." ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Is that where one guy sits in front of the boat and fishes the back of the boat and the other guy sits in the back and fishes the front?

BKB

Buckrub
05-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Ed, you need to listen up serious like.

Do NOT invite me there unless you mean it.

And Ed can fish the back of my boat ANY TIME HE WANTS.

I'll even let him use my Whole Cooler so he doesn't have use his poor old half cooler.

Arty
05-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Is that where one guy sits in front of the boat and fishes the back of the boat and the other guy sits in the back and fishes the front?

BKB

Yes. And as long as their poles don't touch it's not gay

Big Muddy
05-08-2013, 02:02 PM
That what I named my Chicot cypress tree hole....it's got 9 cypress trees in a group, and every time I fish them, I can catch 6 crappie....I can leave it for a couple of hours, and when I return, I can catch 6 more, nearly without fail....i.e., the "69 Hole".

When wifey asks where I'm going to fish, and I just say, the "69 Hole"....she knows exactly what and where I'm talking about.

;););)

jb
05-08-2013, 02:03 PM
eddie, bucky is a geat guy, just make sure he brings his wife, as that makes him even greater.

quercus alba
05-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Speaking of fishing, I'm on vacation this week. My baby boy and I went yesterday and caught about 20 bream and catfish. Patching my john boat today and gonna try it again tomorrow.