PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

Bwana
05-08-2013, 04:51 PM
What a day yesterday was in my household.

The youngest boy earned a Presidential Award for Excellence in Academics which was handed out during a ceremony at the school where music was played by both the band and orchestra as well as a couple of songs sung by the 2013 Governor's Choir which just so happened to be from the school he attends.
He was in such a good mood he even took a picture with his mommy.

The oldest boy was supposed to have a track meet but didn't think he could go because he had an Art Show to attend in which he had a couple of pieces of his work that were in the competition. The rest of us arrived at the art show only to hear that he did attend the track meet and through his personal best in the shotput event. At the start of the art show the kids that competed at the state level were introduced to the audience and it was explained that because of his first-place finish that Nick would be going to the National Competition in Missouri. Here are the state teams from here in town, one of which took 3rd and the other 2nd place:

Here he is with his 2nd place finish for one of his entries.

Back to the youngest who took a lifeguarding class over the weekend and as can be seen, he passed so now has another job for the summer besides the trap club.

Speaking of the trap club, while the youngest was working and given the oldest had taken the night off because of the art show he figured it was the perfect chance to try out the trap gun he purchased a few weeks back but had yet to shoot. As you can see, I decided to join him.

All in all, it was a pretty good day at our place.

Buckrub
05-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Good grief.

You sure must have had a talented milk man, back there somewhere.........

Sunshine
05-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Man I was exhausted just reading everything you guys are doing.

Congratulations to all of you!! WOW!!!

Sounds like a busy life!!!

P/s Bucky when I was raising 4 kids we went through 2 gallons of milk a day.
I sure they have a cow!!! Milks expensive!!

Big Skyz
05-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Buckrub, that was pretty funny. :D

John, you have every reason to be a very proud dad.

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2013, 05:24 PM
You've raised a fine herd of young men and wimmins there Bwana. Y'all are good folks up that way. Must be the cold.

BKB

Thumper
05-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Right over Sunny's head! :D

Bwana, all I can say is, "WOW!"

Sunshine
05-08-2013, 05:45 PM
It did not! I knew what you meant about them not being his kids, but the milk man's!!! :D

I was just saying how much milk we used and no they weren't the milkman's either.

I'm not that blonde!!! :D