PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Ass Pitching

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Two complete game shutouts in a row. Three hit in 18 innings. Amazing.

Time for Bucky to tell me ita early.

BKB

Buckrub
05-11-2013, 05:04 PM
It's early.

But wowzie....

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2013, 05:15 PM
It reminds me of Atlanta's rotation when they had Smoltz, Maddux, and Glavine, only I haven't figured out yet if the Card's have three or five aces. Good stuff.

It's a long season. So far its been fun to see those birds on that bat.

BKB

Buckrub
05-11-2013, 05:31 PM
I need a thousand dollars. Wire it to me. If you love me, you will. I GOT to go see 'em.........

LW
05-11-2013, 05:36 PM
They are pitching their asses off. And Carp looks to be trying a comeback. Can he still contribute? Tune in and see I guess. I hope so. I am off to watch my diamond Hogs and Tennessee. Beautiful evening for baseball.

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2013, 06:15 PM
And Owasso is 34-0 and playing in the state championship final tonight. Baseball is breaking out all over. Hope Birddog's grandson gets a chance to be involved tonight. Not used so far inthis tourney so the chamces are good.

Cody McGill (wonder if he's a short, fat Irishman like his grandpa) if you want to listen. Might be fun. Game is at 6:30.
http://tunein.com/radio/Bright-Star-100-1001-s26628/
BKB

Birddog
05-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Well, the Owasso boys did it. A perfect 36-0 season (first time in Owasso baseball history) and a 6A state championship to boot. Owasso's bullpen is so deep, Cody didn't get to pitch during the playoff, but he pitched well enough thru the season to get himself a free ride at one of the state's JUCO's. Pretty damned proud of the boy and his teammates.

hotshot
05-14-2013, 12:44 PM
slightly less exciting.... my son Luke's team 11-12 yr olds is having a good season. He is learning to play center field, plays a little at short, pitches a few innings every few games, and is hitting pretty well. My daughter Abby, has taken up track this spring. Her middle school conference meet was last night. The score was tied going into the last event": the 4X400. All 4 girls,including abby ran great legs, and finished in 1st to anchor the team championship.
watching her run is a joy- long long legs striding out, great natural form.....
Luke also won his tennis team season ending invitational. He finished in second place at #3 doubles. This is as a 6th grader. He was playing against two 8th graders most of the season.
As soon as Abby finished her race, she grabbed her sweats, smiled for a champ photo, and hustled off to Volleyball practice for her travel team.
As of this weekend, we will only have Luke's baseball and my tennis going. We should win sectinals this Wed/ Fridayu, but I don't see us getting out of the Ft Wayne Regional.

Buckrub
05-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Love hearing about these kids...............