PDA

View Full Version : Bwwwwwaaaaaaannnnaaaaaaa!

Gunther
05-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Gonna have an overnight in Bismarck the end of the month for the Stroke and STEMI conference. I guess for some reason they want me to talk a bit on stroke. Prolly just got time for supper and bed. Gots any good restaurants there? BBQ or Mexican preferred.

Gonna be hiking in the great Paha Sapa right before that so I might just do Taco Johns in the room.

Bwana
05-13-2013, 10:46 AM
When you going to be here Gunther?

From the looks of things you will be taking the long way around to get here, where you going to be hiking in the Black Hills?

As for BBQ, the two places that come to mind right off the bat are Famous Daves which is just across Expressway from Kirkwood Mall and then Space Aliens which is on the NE corner of the HWY 83/Century Avenue intersection or about a 1/2 mile north of Exit 159 off of I-94. For Mexican, there is Fiesta Via downtown, Paradiso a 1/4 mile north of Exit 159, or any number of fast food taco places scattered across town.

Other good places to eat are: Jack's Steakhouse, Casper's East 40, Peacock Alley, The Bistro is supposed to be good, and for something different The Blarney Stone Irish Pub.

If it works out maybe we can get together for a drink and a chat.

Gunther
05-13-2013, 12:00 PM
29 and 30th.

Gonna go up Harney for the first time since 2009. I'll get back a day or so before I head to Bismarck.

Dave's is usually good, just wondered if you had a Mom and Pop place that was cool. When I was out of town I used to find the Sale Barn and then find the closest place with beat up pickups and go on in. It was always good.

I still got your number, I can give you a call if things work out, don't know persacktly what is expected of me at this time.

Bwana
05-13-2013, 01:59 PM
We are heading out of town on the 30th for our annual multi-family camping trip to the north unit of Theodore Roosevelt National Park so my time might be limited but if it works out...