PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Chicago

Arty
05-13-2013, 01:49 PM
And I feel so safe knowing that guns are illegal here.

Bwana
05-13-2013, 02:00 PM
AS you are supposed to.

The appropriate folk thank you for drinking the Kool-aid.

BarryBobPosthole
05-13-2013, 03:24 PM
I can't help it. all I can think about when I think about Chicago is food. They got their eats down there.

BKB

Thumper
05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
I hear "Chicago" and two names come to mind ... Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama. :pissed

jb
05-13-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm with Barry on this one, they do have some fine eats over there.
I hate baseball, but Chicago do have their Cub's fans's

Buckrub
05-13-2013, 04:39 PM
They do?

Why?

A FEW good eats, I admit. Not enough to make me slow down through there. I BEEN to Wrigley, that was enough.

LJ3
05-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I think of Blues... and food. Not necessarily in that order

LW
05-13-2013, 11:46 PM
I think of the loyola level 1 trauma center that I had the pleasure of training in years ago. Total shithole of a city. They need to not only lift the gun restrictions but also should issue everyone a gun and put up a wall around the place and walk off. Two good memories of the place, giordanos pizza downtown and a flight nurse named Jane. Too much of that stuff would kill a man.

Niner
05-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Don't forget to vote whilst there. :lmao

Funny thing. A lot of the total a$$hole$ I have met in my life were proud to be from Chicago. I can only think of one or two "laid back" folks that I have met from there, and they were glad to be FAR from Chicago.

hotshot
05-14-2013, 09:19 AM
In Chi-town you are oly 3 hours from me.....
My favorite part of Chicago is leaving. Could never figure out Cubs fans.... accept losing as part of life. However, the Cubs organization is brilliant... take a bunch of mediocure players, pay them a little.... continue the medocracy, and people still flock to the stadium.
Have had some good times there- my buddies and I would travel fromIndy to Chicago, catch a a Yankee/Whitesox weekend stand. We' crash at a cousin's house in Kenosha Wisconsin... always take a bus up to Milwakee, hit the Miller Brewery, and Summerfest, back to chicago at Noon Sunday for the second game of the weekend, and then back to Indy.
Some years we'd hit down town Chicago.
Ialways noticed that every car that did not have atleast one dent was from somewhere else. If the car was a local car- no matter how nice of a ride- it had at least one ding, or broken tail light.

Buckrub
05-14-2013, 09:37 AM
My son got his face worked on after the bike accident by one of the world's leading plastic surgeons, Dr. Gary Burget, in Chicago. He did as much as he could for him. No one else would even try. We had to stay for several weeks during that procedure, and go back several times. It was a cold and unfriendly place, crowded and 'dirty', IMHO. Gray, dark, dismal, windy, and everyone has their head hunkered down so they don't have to look at you, much less speak. Here, we say howdy to everyone. Always. I just didn't care for it at all.

Bwana
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Anybody ever been to the railroad museum where the Lions of Tsavo are preserved? I seem to recall that being in Chicago.

BarryBobPosthole
05-14-2013, 11:17 AM
I've never been to that one Bwana but its on my list. I love railroad museums. There's an awesome railroad museum in Duluth, Minnesota too that a person could spent an entire day at and not see everything. Has a working turntable and lots of cool walkthrough exhibits.

And count me in the minority I guess, but I like visiting Chicago. Except, of course, in the wintertime. Its a cold motorscooter there in winter.

BKB

Thumper
05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I have a half-brother who went to school there and fell in love with the place. Once he graduated, he stayed there. Is married now and has quite the nice career going. It's like any major city really ... it has it's "bad" areas and it's good. I've been there 5-6 times and have seen both sides. I agree, the food is a plus ... the winters are a major minus!

Penguin
05-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Anybody ever been to the railroad museum where the Lions of Tsavo are preserved? I seem to recall that being in Chicago.

They are in the Field Museum and yes I've seen them. After watching The Ghost and The Darkness I had to go up and see them. They are a weird type of lion specific to the area they lived in. Kind of a cream/gold color with no manes. In all honesty though it was a bit of a let down in a way. Apparently they had been mounted prior to being given to the museum and it was a bad job. They had to trim it all up to get the bad parts out and they ended up with lions with little bitty legs and really big noggins. :)

Shouldn't complain to much I guess. Someone mounted me I'd probably look a mess in a hundred years too.

Will