PDA

View Full Version : The Pop-Up Be's Popped Up....

Buckrub
05-13-2013, 04:47 PM
in the driveway!! Looks good.

Had ONE "aha" moment.........Wife and I both couldn't figure out where Slot B for Tab A was..................and had to call the guy I bought it from. He talked me through it, and VOILA.....it's up. I can't plug it up, cause don't have a 30 amp breaker at the house............but it has way more room in it than I remembered. A few 'signs of age' that need attention, but very minor stuff. I'm still impressed, for the price. I fear that we'll "get into camping" and have to find something nicer, bigger, whatever.........that's my fear. But this is fine, and if the heat and a/c work, and if we can park anywhere near a shower/toilet, we're in like Flint.

Going next week, if it hairlips the Pope.

LJ3
05-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I bet Latin sounds funny with a hairlip

Buckrub
05-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Amoth
Amasth
Amanth

Yep.

Bwana
05-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Hope you have a great time with the camper Bucky.

Can't wait to get ours out too.

BarryBobPosthole
05-14-2013, 08:56 AM
You need to put a rack on top of that camper so you can slide and secure a jon boat to the top of it. Opens up a lot of options when you can take a little boat with you.
BKB

Buckrub
05-14-2013, 09:03 AM
A/C unit is in the way.

A/C unit is a requirement.

Besides, wife wants to only go to big clear lakes........the ones with no fish and much wind.

BarryBobPosthole
05-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Put Lake Weddington over by Siloam Springs on your list. Beautiful camping area, not crowded typically, and good fishing for bluegills, bass, and crappies. Devil's Den State Park is also one of my favorite spots over in Western Ark.
BKB

Buckrub
05-14-2013, 09:30 AM
On a related note...........

There are obviously tons of places to camp in Arkansas. Since this is the first time..........the 'shakedown cruise'.....we thought we'd go to Greers Ferry. Choctaw Rec Area is only 38 miles from my house. So we get online and -----forgetting that Memorial Day (our anniversary) is early, on the weekend after we wanted to go----- and find out that you CAN reserve many sites. However.....they're all reserved. ALL!! Everywhere. Every lake. Every camp site.......for that weekend. So, if we try to reserve a site for next week for 7 days, e.g., we can't.

And the deal is taking two vehicles, and the boat. She also wants to go fishing!!!! (Scares me that she'll like it, but.........)

Now, there are also always "walkup" available sites at every campsite. But some don't have electricity (a must). And they won't record if it's in use or not. You just drive up there and take your chances. So, I guess we are going to just drive up there and take our chances. Greers Ferry is the place all the Little Rock campers go, especially on holiday weekends. I wish we could just go to somewhere not crowded, but even the small fishing lakes' sites are all reserved for next week.

Clearly, folks ain't all broke.

Bwana
05-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Come on Bucky, don't you know that Memorial Day is the opening weekend for camping? That is when ALL the rookies are out and about.

BarryBobPosthole
05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
TWO times I don't put my boat on public waters EVER. Memorial Day and July 4th weekend. Amateur hour can be fun to sit and watch at the ramp though, as long as you're not number 12 sitting in the line.

You can pretty much have the place to yourself after Labor Day and before Memorial day though around here anyway.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-14-2013, 12:55 PM
After all the years you've been married, I'm surprised to hear you can't figure out where Slot B for Tab A is...

hotshot
05-14-2013, 01:11 PM
With all the lakes around here..... 4th of july and Mem/ Labor day weekends.... just stay inside. I will find a no motor lake on occasion and fish..better yet, those are the weekends to find a farm pond that needs some gills taken out of it. One local lake has a huge fireworks display. The lake is entirely packed with boats. We go to the state park and watch from shore. We are around the lake, and home before most boats even get near their docks. Every boat from huge 5 engine sea worthy boats, to the tiniest 12 foot fishing junker is out there to watch the explosions over the lake. The fish gotta be swimming upside down with all the engines idling.

johnboy
05-14-2013, 01:17 PM
You can plug into a 15 amp circuit (use an adapter for the trailer plug end) and can run the fridge, lights etc. just not the a/c. Lets you check out most stuff before you go anywhere.

Birddog
05-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Here's a couple of neat web sites for popup owners..... http://www.popupportal.com/ and http://www.popupexplorer.com/ . Lots of good info on either of those sites

Buckrub
05-14-2013, 04:42 PM
BD, we've found those!! OR the wife did. Thanks, man. John, I've seen the other stuff work, just not the A/C. I can live with a flashlight, but not without a/c!!! I can only hope it works. Not sure the degree to which it will cool a "Tin Tent", but it will help!!!

Wife had a good idea. She said "Let's go to Greers Ferry (home of the WORLD RECORD WALLEY, btw) for Sun-Thurs, and come home and stay home through the crazy Memorial Day weekend. Then let's go back to your (my) favorite fishing lake the next Tuesday for a week or so".

SO!!! I got a reservation for a site NEXT to the bathroom at Greers for 19-23, and then we'll come home, and then go to Nimrod the 28th through whenever we want to come home......and it's uncrowded, so I don't think a reservation is needed there, for that period.

We also now have more BULLSTUFF than I can carry!!! Geez. I never saw so much stuff....

BarryBobPosthole
05-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Being retarded is a lot of work ain't it?

Have fun! I used to fish Greer's Ferry every summer for a week and it gets hot out on that dang lake. Used to camp all the time at the Sugarloaf Rec area (turn left at Frank's....is Frank's still there?)

I know some folks that set up their camper every spring over on Eucha Lake and they stay camped there the entire summer. the folks that camp there in the same area do the same thing and they all watch over each other's stuff when they have to run to town. sounds like a rough life.

BKB

Buckrub
05-14-2013, 05:34 PM
14 day max at COE campgrounds, where old folks get 1/2 off.

I can see having a small actual travel trailer to pull.....without needing a Dodge Cummins to pull it........and going around the country. If Santa leaves me money, and if Mama treats me right on these trips, I might end up with one of those instead of this one day. But I don't want much.......and don't need much. But for now, this thing is nice, and I have no problems.

and yeah......being truly retarded is hard. I've never worked as much as I have the last 2 years.