PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared to death that this is who many of us really are.........

Buckrub
05-16-2013, 05:09 PM
http://news.msn.com/videos/?ap=True&videoid=f72d7cd6-4e10-7ef8-a193-0dd3cb0a41de&from=en-us_msnhp

Penguin
05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Great crippled Christ.

I'm going to swing for the fences here Bill and I hope you don't get offended. One aspect of this that they mention is the skepticism toward the 'official story'. It is not the full explanation to be sure, but it is one of the main ingredients. It is my opinion that this phenomenon has become the norm in many circles. (Wait for it...) Including the gun rights movement.

The immediate reaction to this very bombing from many on the guns/hunting sites was that the government probably had prodded the guys into it and lost control of them. Sort of a sting gone bad scenario. Another popular one was that the government was involved in it somehow to further the goal of a 2nd Amendment assault. It was sad, frustrating, and sickening at the same time to witness. And was another nail in the coffin for me to continue to limit my exposure to places I have grown to consider toxic. That is another story though.

One thing I have stated from the start of this financial crisis is that doing nothing and letting the biggest fraud/theft in mankind's history has a price. Allowing money to be recategorized from a commodity into speech was another blow. Having the SC rule that corporations are to be considered citizens was an abomination. Ruling that these same corporations could funnel untold Billions USD into our political system was an absolute disaster.

You take these things together and people have grown to believe that the deck is stacked against them. There are two sets of rules in this nation, one for the super rich and another for the rest of us. While this may be entirely correct on its face it also lends itself to morphing into a distrust and skepticism of anything government related. We have a hell of a lot of people in this nation who will believe the absolute worst kind of conspiracy theory at the drop of a hat. Facts and evidence hold no sway to these people.

We have a political system that is made up of even parts corruption and influence peddling. These folks have allowed the acknowledgement of that to turn into a belief that government is actively working to harm them. It is dangerous and corrosive. It will be the end of us all if we're not careful.

The propensity of young girls to become infatuated with murderers and thieves who are physically attractive is an old story. Bad boys and all that this entails is something that hardly needs a middle aged fart like me to expound upon so I'll leave it alone.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Its nobody that I know. Of course, I don't know many people and the ones I do know would puke at this thought.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Some folks just plain watch too much TV.

Buckrub
05-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Amen to all y'all.