PDA

View Full Version : Checking in..

FooBang
05-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Howdy folks!

I thought I'd come up for air and poke my nose in and see how everybody was getting along. As for me:

1.) Been busy with merger related stuff. It's been occupying most of my time.

2.) FINALLY back into the office. My old office was destroyed (on Wall St.) by Sandy. Seawater poured into the basement and destroyed all of the electrical and whatnot. They had to rip everything out of our building, including the electrical, plumbing and ventilation systems. We weren't alone-- I guess 23 or so of the high-rises in downtown NYC are in the same condition. I don't think people really know how bad it was. At any rate, we have a new office above the exchange floor. I knocked down some walls to make my office bigger. :D :D

3.) Going to Argentina Saturday. Yay! BBQ time! No intestines or kidney's please..

4.) I lost friggin' 55 pounds! Exercise? Nope. Special meals? Nope. Trainer? Nope. Just stopped eating so damned much! Probably lost some muscle mass along the way, as I feel physically weaker, but at least I can fit into my sexy-clothes.

5.) We're planting some roots and buying a place in NJ. Friggin'-frickety-frack is it expensive here! Very depressing. Gonna buy a 1942 house with ugly siding for the price of a small country. I was seriously considering moving down by Cappy in NC, but that fell trough with this other merger.. Sux. I was looking forward to deer hunting from July through May.

That's it. I'll try to poke my nose in more often. I hope everyone is doing well and recovering from any maladies, brain-fogs and/or doofliness.. I think of you all often.

--Foo

Sunshine
05-17-2013, 12:47 AM
There he goes again!!!! Post & Poof!!!! Lol

Glad you stopped bye, and it sounds like everything is going as well as it can.

Need to stop in more often, the boys are getting restless!!!!! :D

Niner
05-17-2013, 06:09 AM
1.) Been busy with merger related stuff.
You know what they say about all work and no play....
HEY, did they let you ring that bell again??

2.) FINALLY back into the office. My old office was destroyed (on Wall St.) by Sandy.
I had NO IDEA that Wall Street got hit that hard by the storm. I guess that must have washed those "occupiers" outta there.

3.) Going to Argentina Saturday.
Ahhh. So that's where your "off shore" bank is.

4.) I lost friggin' 55 pounds!
Well, congratulations on that major accomplishment! Good for you!!

5.) We're planting some roots and buying a place in NJ.
Sorry to hear about that. Nothing worse than forced yankeefication.
Can you see Tony Soprano's house from there?

Don't be a stranger dude! You can hit us with your smart phone, ya know.

Big Skyz
05-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Foo always good to see you post now and then. Sounds like life hasn't slowed down any for you.

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2013, 09:32 AM
What part of NJ are you settling in, Foo? I don't know why but had it in my head that you were living in the Fort Lee general area.

BKB

FooBang
05-17-2013, 02:14 PM
What part of NJ are you settling in, Foo? I don't know why but had it in my head that you were living in the Fort Lee general area.

BKB

We've been living in Northern Bergen County, about 20 minutes north of Fort Lee. It's kinda growing on me, so we'll stay put hopefully for a while. The missus *LOVES* it here; she says it feels like home. No wonder-- there are places where Korean is the Linga Franca; I recall that the fire dept. made the locals put English on the store signs so that they could find the places they needed to find..

--Foo

Big Skyz
05-17-2013, 02:18 PM
If there is that many Korean's there I'd be trying a different Korean restaurant every other week. Man, that would be some good eats!

FooBang
05-17-2013, 02:22 PM
In some ways, it has slowed down. I have a better position now, so I do much less real work, but the stress is there since I have more problems to worry about. I guess it's a balance.

FooBang
05-17-2013, 02:23 PM
No need to go to that many restaurants when the wife is such a good cook! ;)

Captain
05-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Good to hear from you Foo! Stop by more often, we can be a great stress reliever! :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

FooBang
05-17-2013, 02:31 PM
1.) Been busy with merger related stuff.
You know what they say about all work and no play....
HEY, did they let you ring that bell again??

Haven't ranged the bell again. I don't know if I'll get a chance-- I might not be around much longer after the merger.

2.) FINALLY back into the office. My old office was destroyed (on Wall St.) by Sandy.
I had NO IDEA that Wall Street got hit that hard by the storm. I guess that must have washed those "occupiers" outta there.

Yeah, it was pretty bad. If you walk downtown, there are construction crews everywhere. My favorite pub was washed out. That makes me sad. They had beer taps at the table, which, come to think of it, was a little dangerous. ;)

3.) Going to Argentina Saturday
Ahhh. So that's where your "off shore" bank is.

:D The wife *was* looking to get a vacation place down there. We both like it and it's dirt cheap.

4.) I lost friggin' 55 pounds!
Well, congratulations on that major accomplishment! Good for you!!

Thanks, just got back from the doc's-- my BP is 110/70 without medication. He is pulling me off of them!

5.) We're planting some roots and buying a place in NJ.
Sorry to hear about that. Nothing worse than forced yankeefication.

Not really forced, per se. I was born and raised in the North, but lived in the South for 15 years. At least I can say "y'all" without sounding like a jackass! :D

Can you see Tony Soprano's house from there?

I think he's my neighbor...

Thumper
05-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Dang Foo, you need to get back down here where you belong. Get your old place back ... fishing anytime you want in your own front yard can be a major stress reliever! ;)

4.) I lost friggin' 55 pounds! Exercise? Nope. Special meals? Nope. Trainer? Nope. Just stopped eating so damned much!

I met with my "Agent Orange doctor" yesterday. He told me I need to lose some weight. I agreed and told him that with this back problem, I haven't really been able to get any exercise for the past 3 1/2 years and it's really helped pack on the pounds. He called "bullshit" and told me it's strictly what I'm stuffing into my pie-hole! He told me his dad was a POW in Nazi Germany during WWII. He lost 100 pounds in three months living off a slice of bread and some water sometimes only once/day. He then asked me how much exercise I thought his dad got as a POW.

He's a really cool doctor ... I like his no bullshit style too. ;)

Big Skyz
05-17-2013, 03:05 PM
You are spoiled in the Korean food department!

FooBang
05-18-2013, 06:02 PM
You are spoiled in the Korean food department!

Spoilt in lots of ways, Big Sky!

FooBang
05-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Dang Foo, you need to get back down here where you belong. Get your old place back ... fishing anytime you want in your own front yard can be a major stress reliever! ;)

4.) I lost friggin' 55 pounds! Exercise? Nope. Special meals? Nope. Trainer? Nope. Just stopped eating so damned much!

He called "bullshit"

It really is bullshit. I am the laziest SOB I know. Still losing weight, but it's getting more difficult as I get skinner. I'm down to about 1400 calories a day now, which seems severe, but it ain't. I imagine I'll get to a point where I'll have to start exercising to continue losing lbs.

Buckrub
05-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I hate you. I lost 10 lbs that way, but can't go further.

And what is "Linqua Franca"???

And you are not serious, right? New Flipping Jersey? (Ever wonder why the early Americans couldn't think up their own names? Poor old OLD York. Or OLD Jersey. Or OLD Hampshire.)

And...........Niner (Or someone) is right. Ain't you got a Smart phone? Ain't you smart? We miss you. Sometimes you argue with Posthole, and that's good. We need more of that. Minorities are all we got in that department.

I don't know nuthin' about no Korean food. Or Vietnamese food. Or really even Thai food. My poor colitis can't deal with 'hot'!!! But I'd love to try it. I love hot, it just doesn't love me.

And....ARGENTINA? You dove hunting??? WTFO?

FooBang
05-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Linga Franca? The local language. No kidding-- the municipal parking signs in Fort Lee are in Korean first, and then English..
Korean food will kick your butt if you have stomach/intestine issues. I love it; it's my comfort food.
As for the travel, I have a teams in Argentina, Columbia, Uruguay, Moldova, Romania, France, UK, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and The Netherlands, so I make a point of visiting them at least once a year! :) It keeps me busy..

I am going to a dude ranch tomorrow. That should be fun! Maybe get in some fly fishing..