PDA

View Full Version : TGIF

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm glad this up and down week at work is over but the weekend comes with the same up and down stuff the week had. Have to go to WDC for a two day meeting Mon and Tue and have to leave sunday midday to get there in time for it. So half my weekend is shot. Man, I sure have gotten to where I do not like to travel on business any more. My curmudgeonliness is showing, I know.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Do you have time for a barley pop Sunday night?

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Doesn't look like I'll have much time for anything this trip, Hank. I get in at 10 PM sunday night, have a dinner I can't avoid Monday night, and will have to scramble to make my flight after the meeting Tuesday. Add to that I'm staying down at the Omni Shoreham in DC where it ain't close to anything and I'm going in and out of National and it makes it a real unhandy trip.
Sure would like to see you dufes if I had the time though.
BKB

Big Muddy
05-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Drop by the WH, and give Ovomit, Moochie, Biden, and Jay Carney my regards....nah, I'm lying, but at least I admit it!!! ;)

LJ3
05-17-2013, 09:53 AM
This is not convenient for me at ALL... wtf?!?!? Sounds like a bummer kinda bidness travel.

Chicken Dinner
05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
No worries. Next time around, DCA and downtown are actually a lot closer to me than Ashburn.

Thumper
05-17-2013, 11:27 AM
You know ... as much as I love to travel, I was kind of excited when I started working at my Beverly Hills job back in the 80's. It involved an awful lot of business travel and I was really looking forward to it. I have to admit, after a while, I tired of it and it became "just a job". It got to the point I dreaded those business trips and would have much rather stayed at the office.

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2013, 11:44 AM
As I've gotten older, I've gotten very jealous of anything that takes me away from my little family. and, my priorities have changed a lot. At one point, I'd have considered this a big deal as far as work goes. Now.....its just a pain in the ass.

BKB