PDA

View Full Version : Bud Selig is adding more replay to baseball

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2013, 09:40 AM
I am 1000% percent against replay of any kind in baseball. Its the one professional sport where there is at least some human element remaining in the game. This year, thanks to Bud, we get constant interleague play which is unnatural and will ultimately end up with the designated hitter rule being applied uniformly across all of baseball. And all of these 'improvements' have occurred while Bud and his buddy owners totally ignored steroids in baseball so that we now have asterisks by records in the books. Now we have tarnished stars because they did stuff that wasn't illegal when they did them but now are. all because they procrastinated on stuff that should have been addressed while they were messing with the very essence of what make the game great.

This guy is an idiot. Fix the things that are broke. Leave the rest alone.

BKB

LW
05-17-2013, 01:06 PM
100% agree with you.

Chicken Dinner
05-17-2013, 01:46 PM
I swear I'll give up baseball if they expand the DH rule. Both it and interleague play are an abomination.

DeputyDog
05-17-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't have a problem with replay as long as they keep it limited to fair/foul, or like the other night home run/ground rule double, and for plays at the bases. If it's not obvious by the replay, go with the call on the field. They definitely need to keep it away from balls/strikes though.

As far as the DH, you guys are just discriminating against older ball players who can't play every day but can still whack the shit out of a ball.

All sports leagues took a turn for the worst when the commissioner started looking out for the good of the owners instead of the good of the sport.

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2013, 04:51 PM
And games will slow down even more than they are now. And what is so necessary in baseball to get all of those plays absolutely perfect? IMO, the umps get 98-99% of those plays correct. So we're going to have this big old process for review for a 2% issue? Sorry, I like the 2% human element. Sure, my team got screwed by the worse call in baseball history (Don Denkinger's 1985 call at first in game six of the world series) and it cost them a World Series championship. But I'd not have replay go back and change that for all the tea in China.

I still hate Don Denkinger by the way.

BKB

Bwana
05-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Played baseball all the way up to and through high school but don't enjoy watching it so don't but for my two cents, replays are a BAD idea.

quercus alba
05-17-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't keep with with the year to year changes in baseball but the only thing I've noticed Bud Selig do is keep his vendetta against Pete Rose alive

DeputyDog
05-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Ask Armando Galarraga what he thinks about the "human element" after he threw a 28 out perfect game.

Don't give the managers the chance to challenge calls, let it be done in the booth like college football. I don't hear you complaining about replay there or in the NFL.

A replay official in the booth could make the call while the TV broadcast was still showing the replays on TV and you wouldn't even notice the time it takes especially since baseball is a slooooow game to begin with. They should start giving slow play penalties like they do in golf.

Buckrub
05-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Idiots.

If they want to use technology to a true advantage, use it in the Strike Zone, and CALL FLIPPING STRIKES!!!

Geez.

Pitchers that don't hit. Why not catchers that don't catch?

My world is in Chaos Mode. I swear.