PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hank or you NOVA people

BarryBobPosthole
05-19-2013, 10:49 AM
I have a rental car reserved but got to thinking, would it be better to take a taxi? Landing at National and staying at the Omni Shoreham which is downtown DC I think. As long as its not a $50cab ride it moght be worth it to just cab it.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-19-2013, 12:02 PM
I'd guess maybe $20 or so. Maybe more since it's in upper NW. You'll probably pay at least that much per day to park the rental car as well. So, I wouldn't rent a car unless you've got somewhere you need to drive to while you're here.

LJ3
05-19-2013, 12:05 PM
What Hank said.

Chicken Dinner
05-19-2013, 12:27 PM
You did say you're flying into DCA,,right?

BarryBobPosthole
05-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys. I cabbed it and it was 20 bucks. I figured it'd cost an arm and a leg to park here and its only 8 miles to the airport. Of course, it will cause the stock to go down just to eat in this place.

Jeepers, I sure hate to leave my family with storms brewing like they are back home. A tornado hit about 20 miles from where my son lives and they appear to be brewing across the NE part of the state now. I can find no valid reason to be here. But I am.
Sigh. I was born to be independently rich.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-20-2013, 06:51 AM
I hope everyone back home is okay. It sure looks like it was pretty bad out there yesterday.