PDA

View Full Version : NW Fishing Trip

Hombre
05-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Had a really good fishing trip up at Neah Bay, WA. Spent the first day fishing for Sea Bass and Ling cod and ended up putting a 150QT cooler full of fish on the boat. The kicker was the end of the day catching a nice King. Second day we headed 40 miles out looking for Halibut. We spent 2 hours getting out, and about 40 minutes limiting on Ling and Halibut. It was an absolute great trip!

BarryBobPosthole
05-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Man, if this was posted in Fishing you may have made the fishing picture of the month!

Some good eats there, Boh! Glad to see you're enjoying the NW! That halibut is good stuff. Have never tried ling cod. let me know how it cooks up.
BKB

Sunshine
05-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Wow you did great!

Everyone notice the dark gloomy clouds, in the background. That's normal weather here.
When the sun comes out, its party time. A lot of people take off work!!

Last time I went on a charter fishing trip, we went out of Westport.

If you head out that way, when you go over the sandbar, that's were I started puking!!

I was one sick puppy, but I caught my limit.

More fish caught on my side of the boat, thanks to my chumming.

Capt said he'd never seen a woman so sick and determined to fish!!! Lol

I won't be going again.

Any wake over 3 ft and I'm sick!!! :(

I even took Dramamine, had the wrist things on and the patch behind my ear and nothing helped.

Nice fish!!!
I love Halibut and never been able to catch one!!!

Big Skyz
05-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Okay I'm officially envious!

Hombre
05-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Sunshine, I've been to Westport and love it. I didn't have any trouble with the waves, other than the ride out was pretty bumpy. If you ever head to Neah for a fishing trip let me know I'll tell you where we went. BBP, this place has a fishing forum? Learn something every day.

Hombre
05-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Big Skyz, with all the envy I felt over the years looking at your hunting pics....its nice to be able to return the favor :D

johnboy
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Looks like a really good trip! That ling is the very best for fish and chips, way better than halibut IMHO. Lots of great white meat there. How deep were you fishing and what sort of rigging?

Hombre
05-20-2013, 04:27 PM
The ling were about 150' and the Hali were closer to 450' of water. For the ling we used a plastic grub & weight and for the Halibut we used a squid looking thing. Also, at one point we caught the ling using a 10" pipe and hook....I have no idea why they hit that but they did

Big Skyz
05-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Consider the favor returned. :) Now I'm having to plot ways to push your envy button again. :D
Seriously though, that looks like it was a super trip!

Captain
05-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Wow. Super nice.

That is a great trip.
I'd sure like to catch one of them big Flounder! :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bwana
05-21-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm with B.S. on this one, that looks like a LOT of fun.

Chicken Dinner
05-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Man, that halibut is some good eats, too!

Hombre
05-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Had some of the Haibut last night dipped in buttermilk, and coated in jalapeņo corn meal.......gotta say it was pretty tasty.

PS BigSky - The predator photos hurt the worst...Predatormasters was my first board. I joined it early enough that my signin was bobcat....back then they use to do a once a year group get together in Az.

Buckrub
05-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Wowzers.

LJ3
05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
I was drooling looking at those pictures once I recovered from seeing his mug, holy shit he's ugly.

Sounds like a really fun trip!

Hombre
05-22-2013, 11:30 AM
All I can say about my ugly mug is on this board I'm in good company! Venture over to the fishing forum and check that monthly fishing picture, you'll see why traffic is down :D

Buckrub
05-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Amen, bro.

Amen.