PDA

View Full Version : Newfangled Winderz

Niner
05-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Oh man oh man.
Got the new Dell machine and boy is it a screamer. Boots in about 10 seconds....the old XP machine takes about 10 mins to finish its booting.

This newfangled Windows 8 is going to take some getting used to after using XP for so many years at home and work. :banghead

Could just as well have gotten a Mac for all of the non-similarities with the old XP system. Wifey tells me it is a lot like the Win7 they have started using at her office.

Trying to put files and stuff on the new box, but they don't go in the same places that they were in the old box. :smash

Gonna take the old machine down to the basement and set it up in my Ham Shack to use when I am playing with my radios.

Funny thing. The power supply crapped out on the old computer. I ordered a new one from newegg, and the next day the power supply started working again. I'll still put the new one in though, no telling when the old one will crap out for good.

FooBang
05-21-2013, 12:58 PM
I have the windows 8 on my desktop (iMac) and I do not like it at all. I also have a Surface Pro with windows 8 and it's wonderful. The thing is, windows 8 is really designed for the touch screen; it's the only place it makes sense. Otherwise, it is clunky and cumbersome. Infuriating sometimes.