PDA

View Full Version : Gold Scratchboard (pic)

Big Skyz
05-20-2013, 05:18 PM
This is my second least favorite animal on the planet. (Snakes are my least, for those that wondered.) Anyway I needed to do a scratchboard demonstration for my class. We were using gold (real gold leaf) scratchboards. I needed something with a lot of fur and little in the way of skin. Plus I needed something that was easily recognizable by the students so I swallowed my pride and used a house cat. Besides, I try real hard to not make my personal interests/likes or dislikes affect what I present to the students. Anyway I like the way gold SB turns out. Hope some of you will like it as well.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/CatGoldScratchboard_zpse025c3ca.jpg

LW
05-20-2013, 08:07 PM
That is cool. How does that work from a technique standpoint?

Captain
05-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Damn that is awesome! I don't know how you do what you do. That is a real talent...
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
05-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Great work......even if it is a puddy tat.

Bwana
05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Unreal.

Big Skyz
05-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks everyone.

LW, gold leaf is pressed onto drawing board and then over the gold leaf a combination of Indian Ink mixed with wax covers the gold leaf. Then I use a sharp pointed scratch tool to scratch away the black wax and expose the gold underneath. These pictures in real life look absolutely amazing because they reflect light. If you hold it in your hand and turn the drawing at an angle back and forth, the drawing itself, actually changes right before your eyes. Neat stuff!