PDA

View Full Version : I love nights like this.

LW
05-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Setting at home with the family wondering where I might end up before the night is over. Just like this was a night that I ended up in Joplin. I hate tornado season.

Thumper
05-20-2013, 07:29 PM
The way things look out that way ... you COULD end up in Oz if you're not careful!

What a mess ... :(

Niner
05-20-2013, 07:59 PM
OH MAN! Just turned on the news and saw the devastation in Moore. Prayers going out to those folks big time. Oh my oh my oh my.
A mile wide twister on the ground for 40 to 45 mins.....and hitting an elementary school. :nightmare:

Captain
05-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Unbelievable... What a nightmare.

Prayers to all touched during this horrible event
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
51 dead, 20 of them school children. This just isn't fair. It isn't right. Why? What purpose does that serve?

I have to keep reminding myself that there is no God so I don't get pissed at him.

Unbelievable.

BKB

Thumper
05-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Well, it's little consolation considering all the lost lives and devastation ... but it's still cool anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/l/jAQFRXWYa/www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50147264n&tag=api

Penguin
05-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Wow, I just found out about this one. What a terrible tragedy. Every time I hear of something like this I wonder how in the world those poor parents cope with the loss of their kids. I hope I never find out, I'll just send them a prayer or two.

When I was just a tadpole my hometown was hit by a tornado outbreak which was incredible considering we lived right in the mountains. I can remember the trail of destruction leading from a completely destroyed drive-in theater up the road right through the woods directly to our house. Then on the other side of the house it blew down some huge oaks before turning up the hollow and heading right for my grandads farm. To this day I haven't got a clue why the house didn't get destroyed. No one who saw it did either. It went right over the house and only blew off a couple shingles. Tornadoes are so random and chaotic.

Will

Thumper
05-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Willie, the same exact thing happened to my grandmother. She passed away in 1977, but I remember the story she told me when I was a youngin'. She grew up in Kansas and a tornado was headed straight for their farmhouse as the family hid in the storm cellar. The house backed up to a small hill and the tornado approached from that direction. As it approached the rear of the house, it hit that little hill, jumped over the house, touched back down and continued on leaving no damage at all to the house!

Penguin
05-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I'll bet that was a scary thing to have lived through. Kansas and a lot of the plains get some extremely violent storms. Believe it or not I slept right through it. I was a much heavier sleeper when I was a pup. :)

Will