PDA

View Full Version : You Okie boys OK???

Big Muddy
05-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Man, those naders tore you Okie boys up....are yall OK???

BarryBobPosthole
05-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Checked with all of my family and they're all good. More coming today but it sounds like the front might be weaker. I'm just stunned by what happened in Moore. From the sound of things, the toll is going to get worse and many of them are kids. Help is coming in from several states. People are good. I understand that several from Joplin have come in to help too.
BKB

Trav
05-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Me and mine are fine, pretty sad but the resiliency of the Oklahoma people can not be overstated.

Big Muddy
05-21-2013, 10:44 AM
That's great....glad yall were spared....talked to my kinfolks in Meeker, this morning....after it hit Moore, and moved northeast, it just missed their home by about 1/4 mile.

I watched the interview with the guy who owned the horse farm, and how most of his 75 animals were killed, instantly....it's just amazing how life can be all pleasant one minute, then it's all taken away from you in 30 seconds....hard to understand sometimes, but the Lord is STILL in command

Let's say an extra prayer, this morning, for everyone who has been affected by this weather system.

Big Muddy
05-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Me and mine are fine, pretty sad but the resiliency of the Oklahoma people can not be overstated.

Yep, Trav, you Okies are definitely cut from better cloth than "some" of those yahoos from the south ward of New Orleans.

Trav
05-21-2013, 11:53 AM
well I almost said something but thought better of it but since you bring it up I doubt you will see any of the local police officers looting or folks demanding money and gift cards from the feds like our neighbors to the southeast.

FooBang
05-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Glad to hear yours are well, Trav and BBP.. The heart goes out to the families of those children. So sad..

Big Muddy
05-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Some brave soul in a chopper took a time-lapse video of the Moore tornado....gives me chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXz1_F88n14&feature=player_embedded#!