PDA

View Full Version : Catch youse dufes later ...

Thumper
05-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Have to get a tooth filled first thing this morning. They had to yank a wisdom tooth out last week in order to gain access to this thing, so today the ordeal should be over. Lynn's working a half day and will be coming home at lunchtime, then we'll tie up a few loose ends here and hit the road for a little, much needed, get-away. We'll be in Scottsboro, Alabama this time tomorrow ... spend the morning at the Unclaimed Baggage place, then have lunch at one of my favorite BBQ joints up there. From there we'll head to Nashville for a few days ... no plans, we're just gonna wing it. Lots of eating, maybe some estate sales, might record an album or two while there ... that sort of thing. ;)

Then we'll head down to Hotlanta for a few more days and hopefully hook up with the Co9's for a little visit. We'll be home on the 1st or 2nd ... just in time for me to get ready for another back surgery on the 7th. My uncle's in town (from California) and will stay here while we're gone. He's a cat lover (luckily), so the kitties will have company.

Anyway, I'll try to check in while "on the road" just to make sure youse dufes are behaving yourselves.

Later ... gotta go get a tooth drilled ... what better way to start a vaca? :banghead

Niner
05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Cool beans, dude.
You have my number(s), email addy(s), etc.......be sure to let me know when you wanna hook up in my lil berg.
We have a Longhorns, and a TX Roadhouse, and a couple of Waffle Houses here :)....as well as other eateries.

BarryBobPosthole
05-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Enjoy your getaway, Jim. Hope you find some treasure!

BKB

Thumper
05-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Bill, I think my phonebook is up to date. I have the ..03 number for the home phone and the ..05 number as your cell. Are those still current?

(I'm also bringing your gun vise with me.)

Thanks P-hole ... yep, this treasure hunting is fun. The last time we went to the lost luggage place I bought a ton of razors and garage door remotes (GREAT sellers!) as well as a few other "smalls". One really neat thing I found was an old transistor radio from the 70's. It was still "brand new" and never been used. I picked it up for $5-$6 bucks, threw it up on e-Bay for $60 and it sold within a few hours! (considering how quickly it got snatched up, I suppose it was under-priced)

Niner
05-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Thems is right.

Thumper
05-23-2013, 11:54 AM
I'll give you a call Bill. We're flying by the seat of our pants and will be a bit flexible on our dates. We "may" hit Atlanta on the 27th, but will definitely be there on the 28th. We'll be leaving either the 30th or 31st. We're just gonna play it by ear on our dates. Lynn wants to have a day or two to rest up at home before returning to work on the 3rd. Then my surgery is on the 7th.

Buckrub
05-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Jim and Niner.

Together.

Again.

I R Skeered.

Thumper
05-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Ha! We're not the agile trouble-makers we were a few years back. If it weren't for Lynn and Di, we wouldn't be getting around very well on our own. :(

FooBang
05-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Cool beans, dude.
You have my number(s), email addy(s), etc.......be sure to let me know when you wanna hook up in my lil berg.
We have a Longhorns, and a TX Roadhouse, and a couple of Waffle Houses here :)....as well as other eateries.

Didn't knows you were in Atlanta Niner.. I'll hafta drop a line next time I'm in down. I visited a few weeks back over at The ICE headquarters.

Niner
05-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Not Atlanta per se, Foo. I'm about 30 mins southwest of the Atalanta airport. Nice little town that still has some "rural route".
LOL...in fact the directions to my place include both of these phrases..."turn off of the paved road", and...."after you drive THROUGH the creek". :headbang

Thumper
05-27-2013, 06:33 AM
True dat! The creek actually runs over the road ... not to mention the fact he can shoot a Bambi off his back deck. ;)

Thumper
05-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Just checked into the Airport Hyatt Mr. Niner, so we beez neighbors now. Will probably be leaving on Friday ... not positive, but we're leaning that way right now. Give me a shout if you figure out which evening will be more convenient for you and Di.

Oh yeah, I gots yer gun vise here also.