PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Amendment....

Big Muddy
05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm no lawyer, but how in the h3ll can a gov't employee, Lois Lerner/IRS, plead the 5th amendment, before a congressional investigative committee???....she's not working for or being paid by some two-bit corporation.

She's paid HANDSOMELY by us, the day'um taxpayers!!!....at the very least, if she doesn't come clean, her fat azz gets a pink slip!!!

BarryBobPosthole
05-23-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't pretend to know how it is supposed to work but I've heard a bate of 'em use it before and i've always felt about the same way you do about it. What the....?
I don't think that'd keep a cop from writing you a ticket on the side of the highway. Why does it work that way in these cases?
BKB

Buckrub
05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
??

It just means "YOU Prove I'm guilty, I ain't gonna help you do it"...............

Big Muddy
05-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Breaking news....they just put her sorry azz on admin. leave---WITH PAY!!!....wow, what a severe punishment----PAID VACATION !!!
(Arrogant bitch)

Buckrub
05-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Is that another term for "Vacation"???

Captain
05-24-2013, 07:39 AM
I can live with her receiving paid suspension better than I can live with the SOB that shot and killed 13 and wounded 32 at Ft. Hood still getting paid by us while waiting trial..
$278,000.00 so far since he's been in there and he has a court appointed attorney also paid by us!
What in the world have we become?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/21/fort-hood-shooter-has-drawn-278g-in-salary-since-massacre/
Take care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
05-24-2013, 08:05 AM
That's a pretty high salary for a military guy. How can that be right?
How many years has it been and he's still not had a trial?

BKB

Captain
05-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Well he was a Major in rank. I have no clue what that pays and the murders/shootings were in 2009.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
05-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Hell, I'd plead the 5th if those sorry-a$$ farkers in the Congress hauled me before one of their Committees. It wouldn't matter whether I'd done anything or not.

On a serious note, this has scape-goating and political witch hunt written all over it. I don't want to get into all the details, but I'm pretty familiar with these guys on a professional basis. I'm in no way excusing what went on as there is none. But, if it did go on it goes way higher than Steve Miller or Lois Lerner.

BarryBobPosthole
05-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Agreed there needs to be some facts come out of this before we make up our minds about it. And the Fifth amendment is actually an important right that's written in the constitution. But it still is hard to listen to when they use it in testimony. Quite frankly, the behavior of the people asking the questions is about as disturbing as the person taking the fifth.
BKB

Buckrub
05-24-2013, 09:38 AM
This is pretty cut and dry, clear...........to me. Course, I have many tin foil hats to choose from.

This is simply "If I talk, the President will get in big trouble, and I ain't talking, cause I know what happens to folks who squeal on the Prez"........

You're welcome to disagree. I don't even care about that. But that's what I think this is about. We just keep electing sleaze balls. And the one guy we get who is straight, and faithful, and honest, folks hated so bad they swung the pendulum over to this Bozo.

Agggh.

Never mind. I have stuff to do. I don't need the stress of even thinking about all this b/s.

Chicken Dinner
05-24-2013, 10:37 AM
At a minimum the timing of the release of the information was delayed until after the election.

Game of Thrones, baby. Game of thrones.