PDA

View Full Version : The things you see while camping

Buckrub
05-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Sitting at our picnic table yesterday morning (the day after the storm), eating biscuits and bacon, and here come two girls walking past us. We were next to the bathroom, so foot traffic was heavy, but that's fine.

I knew LATER they were girls. When they went by TO the bathroom, I thought they were Astronauts. Or Snow Hunters. No clue what they were. But they SOUNDED like girls (all giggly and not very sober). They were apparently in the group wading in the water that we could see a few hundred yards down the way.

When they came back out, on the way back, they were still giggly, and said "hello". WELLLLLL, I couldn't help it. I stopped 'em and said "Ladies, I GOT to ask....." and asked what was going on. They said this was their boyfriends' work duds............they worked in oil fields, and they wore this over their clothes to not get oil all over. They put them on "as a lark".

I took their picture, and they giggled and walked on away.

They got a bit down the road, and I turned to wife and said "I'll bet you ten dollars that's all they had on, and that's why they wore them all the way to the bathroom....and if I'd have asked them, they'd have probably showed us". She said "Well, goober, you missed your chance. Learn to think faster".............HA!

This be's them.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Spacesuits_zps08ebbb0f.jpeg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Spacesuits_zps08ebbb0f.jpeg.html)

Big Muddy
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Looks like BEEZ keepers to me....they BEEZ crazy!!! ;)

Arty
05-23-2013, 07:42 PM
So bucky, how'd it go? good maiden voyage?

Buckrub
05-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah. Wife had a ball. Other than the storm............whipped our awning up over the trailer, smothering the roof a/c unit. Only had a stepladder (note to self: bring bigger ladder) but finally got it back down. Everything worked fine, we ate great........slept well, did fine. No fish, but the camping was fine. There was no water hookups at this site, just electric...... Going next week again! Different spot, where there's more fishing....... Wife wants a bigger camper, now, of course!

But it went really well...........

Bwana
05-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Bucky, word to the wise regarding awnings:
- if bad weather is coming, take them down
- before going to bed for the evening, take them down
- if you are heading to town for a few hours, take them down
- if you will be gone for several hours fishing, take them down

I know I can be sort of subtle at times but hopefully you get the gist of my message.

Buckrub
05-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Couldn't take it down...........not without lowering the top!!!! Not without a bigger ladder, which we didn't have (But will from now on).........

BarryBobPosthole
05-24-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't know why but the oddest things seem to happen on camping trips. Julie and I were tent camping at Lake Ouachita with my cousin and his wife once. My cousin and I have a history of getting ourselves into trouble that goes back to when we were about 12 years old. The old thing about 'one boy is a good boy, two boys is two bad boys'. Anyway, my cousin managed somehow to get to talking to an attractive young lady who was trying to set up her tent but having trouble. So he recruits me to come help her get it set up. Come to find out she had parts of about three tents. also come to find out, she was a stripper who'd gotten into a fight with her boyfriend and decided to just throw a bunch of stuff into her car and go camping. So we're trying to set up a tent all the time looking over one shoulder for our wives and the other shoulder for some jealous biker dude boyfriend. We got the tent up, or I should say I did while my cousin chatted up the stripper. I did the right thing and immediately fessed up. I still got the third degree. Go figure. Be a good samaritan and what do ya get?

BKB

Buckrub
05-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Idiot.

BarryBobPosthole
05-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Exact words my cousin said too.
BKB

Buckrub
05-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Clear which one was the smarter one, then.