PDA

View Full Version : I have a serious question

Buckrub
05-24-2013, 06:13 PM
'Splain this to me, all you liberals. Seriously. I would appreciate understanding this.

So, it's ok for a KID that probably isn't sexual at all yet, to have sexual preferences toward his own gender (odd as that sounds)................. and that kid can now join the Boy Scouts (btw, good luck, kid). There is apparently nothing wrong with that, nothing wrong with the kid, it's all normal, and life goes on.

But let that kid grow up, and stay homosexual, and OH NOOOOO, he can't be around Boys in the Boy Scouts.

Since when does "Gay" mean "Attracted to little boys"?? I don't care for Gays, I don't cotton to 'em. But it's not fair to be dishonest. It's not right. And I've know several Gay Guys, and not one of 'em was some kind of pedophile. I don't KNOW a pedophile, but the ones I read about are pretty dadgum open to any gender! It ain't about sex with them.

So, back to the subject.

Now tell me why GAY is an ok, accepted, normal thing for a KID (when he probably doesn't even know how to jack off the right way yet), and it's OK for a grownup to be Gay but NOT if he is around Boy Scouts???? Is it a valid way to be, or is it an invalid way to be?

What the flying blazes is going on, on Planet Earth, these days?

Honestly..........without yelling, and without being a jerk, just tell me what this means............I don't get it.

BarryBobPosthole
05-24-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't think there's a difference. But with that said, the boy scouts is an organization ran almost entirely by volunteers and has no public responsibility to explain itself or its policies to anyone other than members or potential members. So, they should be free to decide for themselves who they want for members and leaders and fuck anybody that disagrees with them. Sorry, that's just my opinion. They're not beholden to my opinion or anyone else's.
Bkb

Thumper
05-24-2013, 10:03 PM
I hear what you're saying and have to agree with your basic question. It does NOT make sense.

Being gay and being a pedophile are two totally different things. Heck, I'm heterosexual but that does NOT mean I want to molest little girls. What's the diff?

The same goes for many homophobes ... just because some dude is gay does NOT mean he's gonna try to get into your pants. I used to joke around with a gay buddy of mine that he'd better keep his hands to himself or I'd bitch slap him. He looked at me and told me not to flatter myself as I'm waaaay too frigging fugly for him to even think of such a thing. Said he'd never drop his standards that low! We had a good laugh about it, but on a serious note, it makes sense. All joking aside, as big a horndog as I am, that doesn't mean I'm attracted to EVERY female I set eyes on! Well ok, 99% maybe ... but not ALL! ;)

johnboy
05-25-2013, 12:45 PM
The thought of what that 1% might look like gives me the willies. :nightmare:

LJ3
05-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Well I know what gay and pedophiles both look like. They ain't the same animal. I think it's just leftover thinking from the stone ages where if you were viewed to be a sexual deviant (gay), then anything was fair game and in play. It's just feared based thinking like anything else a society doesn't unnerstand.

FooBang
05-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Well I know what gay and pedophiles both look like. They ain't the same animal. I think it's just leftover thinking from the stone ages where if you were viewed to be a sexual deviant (gay), then anything was fair game and in play. It's just feared based thinking like anything else a society doesn't unnerstand.

I think the same logic has been applied atheists. "If you don't believe in God, you must be amoral and eat babies, seeing as only the fear of God keeps people from eating delicious babies."

--Foo

Thumper
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Ha ha! Great analogy Foo! I've been the recipient of some of that ignorant train of thought from time to time.

BarryBobPosthole
05-27-2013, 06:22 AM
Mmmmmm.....babies.
~Homer Simpson

hotshot
05-27-2013, 07:50 PM
My 2 cents...
SEveral years ago, the Boy Scouts had an issue with a few Pedo's "playing checkers in the tent". They were one of the first organizations that went to manditory background checks. Leaders were not allowed to sleep in a tent with any kid- even their own. Two adult leaders to a tent or 4 kids. (Mason did a short stint in cub scouts and 1 yr of Boy scouts before life got too busy).
I see the new rules as a step. Give this a few years and openly Gay dads will be able to lead too. Not everyone completely understands that Gay is not contagious......
I have a friend who after 30 years of marriage decided to nolonger live a lie and came out. Like I told him- I don't undertand it, ( I like playing with stuff I don't have), But I am not going to hold it against him. Make sense?