PDA

View Full Version : Guess they never heard of GoodHunting

Buckrub
05-24-2013, 07:11 PM
http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/the-heart-beat-blog-post?post=67d47f2f-54c5-4f24-be9e-11577cee31c2

Thumper
05-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm extremely lucky to have the close friends I have. I even have a couple close friends I went to kindergarten with. I will say, in some ways, I envy some people I know who never really left the area they grew up in. We moved around a lot as I grew up and I even attended three different high schools which made it difficult to establish many long-term friendships. That said, I have a very close friend I went to h/s with and we went on to be college roommates. We've been close for 45 years and Lynn and I even drove to Memphis last November to spend Thanksgiving with he and his family. The very closest friends I made were in the military. I still stay in touch with probably 15 of them regularly. I've spoken with 2-3 of them probably once a week for the last 40+ years and 1 of them I've spoken with probably once/week in all that time (lives in California) and another who lives in Texas whom I've spoken to almost on a daily basis since 1972! He calls my mom waaay more often than I call her myself ... and the two of them have never met personally. He called me late last night as we were on the road, just to make sure I wasn't getting too sleepy to drive. We talked again today. In 40+ years we've never run out of things to talk about. My SEAL buddy is another ... we talk almost daily. I guess when you know someone so well that you trust them with your life and NEVER doubt they "have your back" ... and in return, they trust YOU to have THEIR back ... it makes for a special bond. I am closer to some of my military buddies than I am my own (blood) brothers.

I'm a lucky man in that respect.

And you're correct ... I think there is also a special bond with this rag-tag Good Hunting gang.

quercus alba
05-24-2013, 11:39 PM
I don't play well with other kids, I don't like human interaction very much. Kind of a dumbed down version of Sheldon Cooper

LJ3
05-24-2013, 11:54 PM
I don't play well with other kids, I don't like human interaction very much. Kind of a dumbed down version of Sheldon Cooper

We like ya in spite of yourself, QA.

Buckrub
05-25-2013, 03:41 PM
I like you best.

So there.

But I love folks....but don't much care for people. ..so I get it