PDA

View Full Version : The "Niner Shot"...

Niner
05-26-2013, 03:46 AM
This was the first turkey I had killed in many years. It seemed that every time I went out, I could call in the hens, but their boyfriends would not tag along.
This time, I sat in a blind which was set up on a food plot. Yes, the camo does NOT match, but it didn't matter inside of the blind. I called VERY sparingly, and then only clucks and purrs. I had decided to "wait them out", and was going to stay in the blind until noon that day. At about eleven o'clock, a hen suddenly appeared at the edge of the food plot and worked her way across it. THEN this old boy came along the same path she was making. He stood stone still trying to find that little lost hen that was working that snuff can call. :)

This pic was snapped by my trail cam as I was headed back to the cabin with my trophy bird. This "shot" has come to be known around GoodHunting as "The Niner Shot". I liked it because most pics folks take of their turkey are all the same, with the hunter hunkered down behind the bird splaying his fan out. Not that that is a bad shot.....but this one is just "different" I suppose.

When I looked at this picture just now, I noticed the date. Three months later, I would be diagnosed with bone cancer in my spine.....and I would embark on a life-changing journey towards the cure. Today, I am forever a changed person inside and out.

God bless.......Cancer does indeed SUCK.

BarryBobPosthole
05-26-2015, 11:10 PM
And we are forever changed because we knew you, friend.

BKB