PDA

View Full Version : Hammerin the fish! and some hard work

hotshot
05-27-2013, 07:37 PM
With Tennis over, actually had time to fish.... Friday after school, Luke and I walked down to the lake and pier fished.... started out catching some nice bluegills, then the walleyes moved in. Caught 10, 3 were keepers with a real chunk getting off while I tried to hand land him.
The next night we took a net down with us..... caught 20 or more, only 1 was a keeper. We did catch 1 crappie, and some more red ears, and bluegills.
My neighbor's boy went with us and had fun. His dad was fishing from shore at another spot on our lake. He brought over a huge Blue catfish. I filleted that about midnight with the rest of teh nights catch.
Saturday afternoon, I fried up the walleyes and the first gills...... tasty! I used Zateran's spicy breading mix.... battered them up and fried them crispy. Ate them with a the first salad from my garden. An entire meal that cost me nothing. Even dug the worms from a leafy spot in hte yard with Luke's help. He was draggin Sunday morning after 2 nights of late fishing and two days working in the yard.
Cleaned up 2 flower beds, mulched one of them with a truck load from the county recycle facility, raked up a bunch of leaves, mowed, cleaned all the oak tree pollen and maple seeds from the roof, fertilized and sprayed for yard weeds, cleared a county drain, planted a few rows of beans and 1 zuchini and a yellow squash plant, took a load of wood over to the owner of "my" hunting farm, lots of other little jobs, dug some more worms and added them to a worm bucket in the garage.
The fishing with my boy sure balanced out the work.

Niner
05-28-2013, 08:38 AM
We DO have à Fishing Forum.

Sounds like y'all had a great weekend.

BarryBobPosthole
05-28-2013, 10:02 AM
:spank

hotshot
06-04-2013, 12:44 PM
More big walleyes this weekend. Grilled these after slapping them in melted butter and blackened seasoning.
Got some nice smallmouths this weekend too!
Finally get my boat back this Thursday- first day of summer vacation!
spending the day fishing!