PDA

View Full Version : my holiday trip challenge

LW
05-28-2013, 06:39 PM
I finally got to take off and enjoy a little of the holiday so the family and I went to my sisters place on the white river below beaver lake. Did a little bit of fly fishing with some nice catches but the real fun happened on our kayaking trip. My sister and I (she is basically 110 lbs of muscle) have always wanted to see if we could kayak from table rock lake to beaver dam which is against the flow and about 10 miles give or take. So we packed our fishing gear into the kayaks and put in with the intention of getting to the dam around the start of generation and then fish back to the cabin. Its about a 10 mile trip which we did in 4 hours. A lot of hard paddling! Beautiful scenery. About 20 minutes into out float back down, we heard the horn signalling generator startup. The trout went crazy! After bringing several nice rainbows a piece we floated on down to the highway 62 bridge and tied up and slayed the trout. We easily got enough for dinner for the family and even some neighbors. All in all, had a great little trip. Highly recommend that area of the white river for any of you that pass through the area.

BarryBobPosthole
05-28-2013, 06:49 PM
I've fished under that bridge. Pretty water up and down that river isn't it? You spot any stripers hanging out in the holes?

BKB

LW
05-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Didn't see any stripers. The one time (maybe still current) state record striper was landed right in front of my sisters cabin which is probably 1000 yards downstream from that bridge. My nephew caught a 33 pounder right there.