PDA

View Full Version : Just a Quick Howdy Do!

TeeDub
05-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Still kicking here, but not quite as high as in months past. In the midst of another Chemo session. Had one of four sessions so far. Was supposed to be having the second one this week, but my blood counts (neutrafils) were too low. Back to the Cancer Institute early tomorrow morning for more bloodwork and a consultation with the Oncologist. Hopefully I'll start the next chemo on Monday. These delays just seem to be eating away at my summer. Was hoping to be all finished by around the middle of July. Looks like it'll be well into August before I'm done and feeling good enough to launch the boat. Each session consists of 3 treatments on 3 consecutive days. Then three to four weeks to get everything back to normal and another session starts. At least I don't get real sick from them. A few minor sores in my mouth and fatigue. Fatigue being my worst enemy. I kind of think the fatigue is tied to my perpetually sore back. Have a couple of compression fractures due to the cancer and it seems the days it hurts most are the days I'm most tired. Things seem to be improving but still have lots of complaints. Staying positive though and I know I'm going to beat this bugger, it's just taking awhile.

Take care everyone. Even though I don't post very often, I think of you all and the good ol' days very often.

Fido
05-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Hang tough Dubber, we're pullin for ya!

Niner
05-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Really good to see you posting, Dubber!
You are in my thoughts and prayers often.
Keep up the good work and fight, fight, fight!!
I KNOW how sluggish that darned chemo can make you feel.....just think about how bad it's making those cancer cells feel.
Please keep up the Positive Mental Attitude. I know, you know it works.

To paraphrase our friend Dr. Coué....
"Every day, in every way YOU are getting better and better."

http://static4.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/%C3%89mile-Cou%C3%A9-150x150.jpg

Bwana
05-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Good to see you posting here once in a while Dubber and know that prayers continue to be sent to the Guy up above from rainy North Dakota.

BarryBobPosthole
05-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Hi ya, Terry! Give 'em hell, buddy!

BKB

HideHunter
05-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Pullin for you TeeDub. Good to hear from you.

Sunshine
05-30-2013, 10:35 AM
I was just thinking about you yesterday!
Was going to post, asking about an update!!!
Uh oh... He can read my thoughts!!! Yikes!!!!

Glad you came in and gave us an update!!!!

You keep your chin up!!! We're all pullin for ya and sending you lots of prayers and good vibes!!!!! :D

Gunna have to keep my mind outta the gutter, if you're reading it!!!! Lol

Buckrub
05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
YO Dubber....so good to hear from ya, eh??

Pound em man. Wish I could fish with ya. Course I just wish I could fish! !

Thumper
05-30-2013, 11:24 AM
You don't have a clue how happy I am to see you still checking in Terry. I ... no, WE really miss you around this joint.

johnboy
05-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Some of the best fishing is in August and Sept. I'm sure Marg can wait till then to give you another lesson in catching walleye. :nevreness:

FooBang
05-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Kick its ass, Dub! Know that you have plenty of friends that are pulling for you..

--Foo

TeeDub
05-30-2013, 09:41 PM
First time I've blushed since puberty Sunshine! Love the high boots and leather corset!

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. Went for bloodwork this morning and all counts are back to normal, so another chemo session on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That makes me happy. Nap time now!

Sunshine
05-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeahhh good news!

Now about the corset and high boots.....shoosh!!!
Lol :D Not suppose to tell!!

I'll never see those days again, but no harm in thinking it!!! Right?????? Lol

Glad I made ya blush!!! :D

Captain
05-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Sure glad to hear from you Dubber...

Thought about you this past weekend, The Charlotte race and I got my son and his girl some tickets.
You need to make it soon....
Take care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LJ3
05-30-2013, 10:26 PM
'Dub, you're ugly and Marge dresses you funny!

BarryBobPosthole
05-30-2013, 10:47 PM
And won't let him walk on the lino.

BKB

Gunther
06-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Good luck buddy.

Buckrub
06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Marg. Hard 'g'. It ain't Marge.

She thanks me.

You're welcome.

Big Boy
06-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Great to hear from you Keep kickin. We'll beat this again!