PDA

View Full Version : Rain, rain go away come again...

Bwana
05-30-2013, 01:40 PM
...in a few weeks.

Though ND is normally considered to be a semi-arid state we are anything but this spring. Here in Bismarck we broke the record rainfall for the month of May which has stood since 1927 and we still have two days to go. Plus the weather man says we will be getting more rain in those two days. Between midnight and 6 AM we got another 1.46" of rain and it continues to come down. Everything is about at saturation level around here.

The other sucky part about this is that we are heading out this afternoon with the camper for a group outing with 4 other families. Sure glad I'm not one of the folks still sleeping in a tent!

Another thing, if it does rain we can always pass the time away playing cards in the camper, PLUS I picked up some of that Bird Dog Blackberry that Cappy is always talking about so I figure I'm good rain or shine. :)

Niner
05-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Didn't you guys have a "shortfall" on the snow this past winter? Seems like I remember my Aunt saying something about that.
If that's the case, I am guessing the farmers aren't complaining tooooo much about the rain. A little late, but better than a drought I reckon.

Bwana
06-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Snowfall was a "little" short of normal but not too bad. The rain on the other hand has been unrelenting to the point there are ALOT of acres yet to be planted and I am afraid there may be a fair amount that never do get planted.

Sunshine
06-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Going to be sunny 79-80 degrees on my side of the mountain today!!! :D

Captain
06-04-2013, 05:31 PM
That Birddog will make you forget about all that rain!

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bwana
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
A fact that was proven last weekend.