PDA

View Full Version : Well, Mr. Ed.....it ain't the Piggies, BUT...

Buckrub
06-03-2013, 06:38 PM
it's my Alma Mater playing youse guise tonight. They hired a hot stud up and coming baseball coach (and Corliss Williamson as basketball coach) and are determined to be a 'player' in the sports world.

They're in their first NCAA Regional..........and they are one game away from going to a Super Regional. Heady stuff for a small school (school is big, about 15,000 students now, but small time athletically).

They had about 5,000 students when I graduated in 1970...........(my last semester's tuition was $155.00).........

Heck of a year, no matter what.

Big Muddy
06-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Didn't know you matriculated from UCA....they got a good team, and beat us last night to force the elim. game tonite....wish it was televised down my way....I'm stuck with listening to it on radio....should be a good one....good luck.

4th inning....MSU up 3-0....but, if we keep loading up the bases, it's gonna come back and bite us in the butt.

Buckrub
06-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Not good so far. MSU is a seasoned baseball team. UCA is a newbie. Doing good to get this far.

Me and Scotty Pippen went there............about 1,000 years apart.

quercus alba
06-03-2013, 09:56 PM
my baby boy will be a senior at UCA this fall. good baseball player but more interested in his studies. Going for an engineering degree but will have a double major in physics and chemistry. Still got a 4.0 gpa right now, hope he can keep it

Buckrub
06-03-2013, 10:31 PM
My minor was physics. Hard.

My GPA was not 4.0.

Is he on the team? Is he in Starkville?

quercus alba
06-03-2013, 11:42 PM
no, not on the team. I really feel he could have played, but he knows his life's work won't be made with a bat and glove, so he didn't want to take the time away from his studies. He made all state his senior year and made the all star all state team in his sophomore year. He may very well end up in the pulpit when all is said and done