PDA

View Full Version : milestone in little LW's life

LW
06-06-2013, 11:50 PM
My son got the call to play with our high school baseball team tonight for the first time. He is only 13 and the team was short of players due to a baseball camp that several attended. I didn't figure he would play much less PITCH. The coach threw each pitcher for 2 innings a piece and we were getting smashed due to several of the older players being gone. My little 13 year old went to the mound and struck out 5 of 6 batters he faced and put up our teams only zeros of the night. Unfortunately, high school juniors and seniors didn't like being struck out by a 13 year old. When he came up to bat they threw behind him and then beaned him the next pitch in the rib cage. He loved it. Momma was fightin mad. I was proud.

Sunshine
06-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Good thing that pitcher didn't hit my kid, on purpose!! He'd get the shit scared out of him, by the time I got done with him. Ain't nothing more dangerous then a pissed off mom!! :D
Hope he's ok and good job!!

LW
06-07-2013, 12:19 AM
He's fine. Didn't even grimmace even though it hurt so bad he thought that they popped his lung. No hard feelings about it. Just part of the game. He has hit batters on purpose even though he would never admit to it.

Thumper
06-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Cool! :D

Buckrub
06-07-2013, 07:30 AM
You got a winner.

Will enjoy reading here the next 8 years.

Bwana
06-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Good on the boy!

Captain
06-07-2013, 07:47 AM
That is seriously cool! Congrats

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
06-07-2013, 08:41 AM
He showed them all he needed to by taking like a ball player and not showing them it bothered him.

HideHunter
06-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Yes! Congrats all around.

LJ3
06-07-2013, 11:08 AM
LW, that is AWESOME! You must have been beyond proud of him. I love seeing that competitive spirit and understanding beyond their years in my kids. I helps you feel better when considering how they're be able to negotiate life as they get older. It's about much more than athletic competition. It's a pretty useful view of the world no matter what your age or location or circumstances.

Len

Hombre
06-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Congrats, that for sure is a reason to be proud! Have to say though I've never understood this part of baseball. The pitcher is allowed to stand and throw intentionally at someone then when charged it gets broken up. There should be a rule. You hit someone and the next five minutes is just you and the batter on the mound. the whole I'm gonna throw this at you and no repercussions seems cowardly