PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tightline, hope that wasn't you!

Buckrub
06-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Just got a call from Macon, GA.........one of those that display their number, but "unknown" for name......and a Predictive Dialer----those things that pause when you answer. I said hello, heard nothing, said "2, 3, 4..." and CLICK, hung up.

No clue where everyone on earth gets my number............and the DNC list is a joke.

Sunshine
06-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Bucky stop answering that phone.

Let your recorder get it and tell your friends, if they want to talk to you, to speak up. Then you can pick the receiver up and talk.

I do not answer my phone till I know who's on the other end of the line.
Friends know to speak up.

Problem solved!!

If a solisitor or a dialer leaves a message, ya just hit the delete!!
Most of the time, they just hang up.

Thumper
06-12-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm with you on that no-call list. What a farce! Anybody who KNOWS me, calls on my cell phone. The home phone is just part of a bundle tied into my DSL service. Sure, I prolly need to update, but it's not broken, so I never think about "fixing" it. I answer my cell phone, my voicemail "answers" my home phone. I check my voicemail MAYBE once every week or two.

Buckrub
06-12-2013, 03:13 PM
I have an elderly mother, kids scattered all over the USA, and situations that I can't ignore right now.......sometimes I answer before looking at Caller ID.

But the most annoying feature EVER invented is Call Waiting. What a joke! I do NOT WANT CALL WAITING. But I can't get rid of it. It's a 'package' with Caller ID, yada yada. I don't want two calls going on at once. If I'm on the phone and you call, I want you to get a busy signal!!! It won't even go to my answering machine, it just rings open if I ignore it. MOST annoying.

Tightline
06-12-2013, 08:34 PM
It wasn't me but I bet it was that big tittied black waitress you kept hittin on at the Cracker Barrell that day when Mrs Bucky wasn't looking. I saw you give her that retirement card with the tip.:lmao:lmao