PDA

View Full Version : Those day'um cheetahs....

Big Muddy
06-14-2013, 10:02 AM
"""White House cancels Obama's African safari after plans are revealed to include a military SNIPER team 'to take out lions and cheetahs if they threaten first couple"""

By David Martosko In Washington

"""President and Mrs. Obama are planning a trip to sub-Saharan Africa later in the month, but the White House has scotched a plan to include a Tanzanian safari on the agenda after a reporter revealed that a team of snipers with high-powered military assault rifles would accompany him in the wild.

The Washington Post reported Thursday afternoon that the itinerary's dangers 'would have required the president’s special counterassault team to carry sniper rifles with high-caliber rounds that could neutralize cheetahs, lions or other animals if they became a threat.'

The newspaper based its report on a confidential planning document leaked from someone in the administration.

'But the White House canceled the safari Wednesday,' the report continued, 'after inquiries from The Post about the trip’s purpose and expense, according to a person familiar with the decision.'

'Mr. Obama shouldn’t need special counter-assault teams to neutralize threats,' Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb told MailOnline. 'He’s got the IRS for that, doesn’t he?'

'Oh, that’s right,' he noted with tongue in cheek: 'Lions, cheetahs and other animals aren’t conservative taxpayers.'

The Obama White House has attracted criticism from both sides of the political aisle for an IRS program that targeted right-wing advocacy groups for special scrutiny based on the presence of words like 'patriot' or 'tea party' in their names.

Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama went on Safari during a June 2011 goodwill trip to Africa. They rode through the savannahs in an open-air vehicle with standard Secret Service protection.

That trip, according to news reports, cost about $800,000.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment."""

Niner
06-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Sheeesh.
The last time I was on a safari was..............NEVER.

I have, however, been to the Cheetah III.....but it has been a long, long, long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long,long, long, time ago.

Big Muddy
06-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Day'um, Niner, you got my eyeballs bleeding with that post!!! ;)

Big Muddy
06-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Here's Moochie and her gang on their 2011 "goodwill mission" safari....goodwill mission my azz....nothing but mooching a frigging free vacation at the taxpayer's expense.

Ha....looks like the ole lady crouched down in the front seat could really give a sheeit about being in all that heat and dust.

Captain
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
OMG!

That picture BEGS for a caption contest. But I'd probably get arrested if I posted what I'm thinking! :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
06-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Driving Ms. Lazy.

Thumper
06-14-2013, 04:42 PM
I seriously doubt any self-respecting big cat would like any of that meat anydamnway.

Buckrub
06-14-2013, 04:50 PM
I seriously think we need to rethink the way we bestow Kingship on our Presidents. I seriously do.

Thumper
06-14-2013, 04:51 PM
I love the "excuse" for the elebenty-bazillion trips to Hawaii. He's simply visiting "family at home". ;)

Heck, on second thought, couldn't he use the same excuse for Africa? (Just sayin') ;)

Buckrub
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
They all do it.

Senators do it. Pelosi travels back and forth to home in private jets, lavish lifestyle. Almost all of 'em are guilty.

We should be ashamed for being so apathetic.