PDA

View Full Version : MS State will play for National Championship....College World Series....

Big Muddy
06-21-2013, 06:39 PM
We sent Ore. State home just a few minutes ago-----4-1.

Championship Series begins Mon. night.

Sorry, just gotta brag a little bit.

Please tolerate my enthusiasm. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Congrats, Eddie! i'll be rootin for 'em.

BKB

Big Muddy
06-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks, Phole....we are definitely in unchartered waters....never gotten this deep into the CWS playoffs before.
Need all the help we can get.

Buckrub
06-22-2013, 11:03 AM
2nd in the country at worst, and maybe National Champs.

Heck of a deal. Congrats!!! At least it's our Division and Conference!!! (P.S. you DID lose to my little old Alma Mater, more than once, this year.....but beat 'em when it counted).........

Gunther
06-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Boy Omaha was busy this weekend. ESPECIALLY DOWNTOWN. Wonder what the hell is going on?

Big Muddy
06-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Boy Omaha was busy this weekend. ESPECIALLY DOWNTOWN. Wonder what the hell is going on?

Gunther, I'll tell you one day'um thing....after the MS State Fri. night win over Ore. State to make it to the big dance, I believe every MS State fan in the entire state of MS tried to book flights to Omaha....myself included....wifey and I had decided to go, and take the two grandkids.

My mistake was even waiting until early Sat. morning....by then, there was not a single seat available to Omaha from either Delta, United, or Southwest, leaving out of Jackson, MS or Memphis or Little Rock....I mean NONE!!!....and, I called each airline, and talked directly to a human being ticket agent....none of those online discount joints.

Then, I called in a few favors, and lined up some buddies to go in with me to charter a plane....ANY kind of airplane, even a day'um lear jet!!!

Guess what???, there isn't a charter available around here for 300 miles, that isn't already booked for Omaha!!!

So, Gunther, get ready....you is fixing to get invaded by a WHOLE BIG BUNCHA good MS folks!!! ;)

LW
06-24-2013, 05:44 AM
You might try flying into Lincoln. Looks like its available on expedia. Its not that far. You should be able to get hotels in lincoln pretty easy. Last year, we played a baseball tournament in Lincoln and drove up to omaha for the cws when we were off.

quercus alba
06-24-2013, 06:40 AM
That's kinda one of them oxymorons isn't it Ed? Good Miss st fans. Maybe if they leave those annoying cowbells home.

present company excepted of course

8^)

Niner
06-24-2013, 06:47 AM
GO DAWGS....... er.....I mean DOGS.

Big Muddy
06-24-2013, 09:50 AM
You won't see any cowbells, QA....those are reserved for our football games. ;)

I won't bore you guys with the entire story about this MS State baseball team....but, nearly every player is a devout Christian....they aren't the biggest, baddest, or even the most talented team....but, their faith, unity and selfless attitude have gotten them to this point in the CWS.

They may lose the CWS, but the exposure these kids have brought to their faith, and the state of MS will long be remembered.

Regardless of the outcome of this CWS, afterwards, many of them are headed on a mission trip, I believe to Honduras....they will be taking tons of donated baseball and sports equipment down there to help get the kids off the streets, and involved in sports.

Gunther
06-25-2013, 11:46 AM
To tell the truth we were down there for the zoo. I like amateur baseball if I am at the park except for one thing. Those freakin' metal bats. I will not watch the game played with those freakin' metal bats.

Buckrub
06-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Second, Ed. That ain't nuthin' to sneeze at. We got third last year and felt good about ourselves. Congrats on a great season.

I still hate to see the way college baseball coaches ride their few good pitchers into the ground. They should be fined for excessive pitches allowed............