PDA

View Full Version : Another "I can't find.........." thread

Buckrub
06-27-2013, 08:48 PM
I must be the world's worst Googlers. I swear.

I want a water hose.....
HIGHEST quality
Truly non-kink (not just advertised as such, but reviews that prove it)
Drinking Water safe
75 feet

I can find a ton........but the reviews are always awful!

Does anyone make a drinking water safe (anti-microbial) hose that will not kink or twist up, that folks agree is highest quality and does what it says????? Anywhere????

Sunshine
06-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Bucky we carry two water hoses from the Rv store and put a filter between the hose and water hook up. Had no problems.

Buckrub
06-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Found this one.........think it'll work.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/neverkink-rv-marine-hose-50x58-/34155

LJ3
06-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Best hose I ever got was a big thick commercial grade hose from Sears. I still have it. Gotta be going on 20 years now. It will kink but you gotta be TRYING to kink it. Regular use, it never kinks.

Buckrub
06-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Not made for drinking water.......

LJ3
06-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Then I should prolly be dead and stuff. Cause I been drinking from it for that long :)

Thumper
06-27-2013, 11:40 PM
I prolly have 1000' of high quality (as in $1.50/foot) 3/4" hose (100' - 125' sections) out in my shed from my pressure washing days.

Similar to this:

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/bestgardenhose.html

BarryBobPosthole
06-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Just get a black water hose and don't worry about it.
BKB

Thumper
06-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Just get a black water hose and don't worry about it.
BKB

Ha ha! I think a "black water" hose is a whole 'nuther beast when it comes to campers! :D

Buckrub
06-28-2013, 11:49 AM
You guys do not understand.

Mama will not allow any hose to be used that doesn't say "Drinking Water Safe". I am on YOUR side in this, but she is not. The end.

Thump, would you sell me some of that hose?????

And yeah, clearly, Posthole doesn't know what black water is................

Big Muddy
06-28-2013, 12:34 PM
And yeah, clearly, Posthole doesn't know what black water is................

Hehehehe....I'll betcha a dollar to a donut that he does....and, that's why he said it. ;)

Thumper
06-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Hehehehe....I'll betcha a dollar to a donut that he does....and, that's why he said it. ;)

Knowing P-hole ... I agree wholeheartedly. ;)

Bucky, I used it because I cleaned 30-40 gas stations/month and most were 24 hour stores, so I used high quality hoses to take the abuse of being run over by elebenty-bazillion cars while pressurized. 'Course, I'd also get the occasional smart-assed teenager who got a kick out of spinning their tires across my hoses ... so they took a beating. Since a busted hose could shut me down for the day (I DID carry a spare) I used the good stuff.

To be honest, all my hoses have been stored in a hot shed since I closed my business in December 2007, so I have no clue what condition they're in. They do have a lifetime warranty, but I don't even remember where I bought them! I also doubt it would be worth the shipping. The shortest hose I have is 100' and they're HEAVY. I wouldn't think you'd need something that heavy-duty just to run drinking water to your camper.

Thumper
06-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Buckster, I just took another look at that website I posted above. They claim those hoses are very lightweight ... mine weigh a ton ... so they must be different or made from some new type material. Some of mine look very similar, but evidently materials have changed the past few years.

Buckrub
06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
No problem. I appreciate that link. I have looked all over for something like that, and haven't found it. So thanks.

I just ordered the coiled version, drinking water safe.

Thanks again.