PDA

View Full Version : Hey Niner............the cord works!!

Buckrub
06-28-2013, 07:14 PM
The cord works fine!

I took it off the reel and ran my hand along the entire length, looking for obvious abrasions or cuts. Nothing. Hmmmmmmmmm.

So, I took both ends and took apart and made sure they were connected to the proper connectors (they were), and that they were seated properly. I put it back together, and VOILA, it worked.

That means that the original problem was one of the plugs on one end......but since I did both, and rechecked both, I don't know which one it was. Doesn't matter, it's now working like a champ and has two new connectors.

I need to get a decent hose reel for something this heavy..........and then I have a 600v 'outside' yellow cord that'll carry most anything. Woo Hoo.

Captain
06-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Why just Niner???? I think I was the one who originally told you not to throw it away and put new ends on it, and I think about everyone here made a suggestion or two about the cord.... Just sayin'
You think the rest if us lost interest or sumptin'

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
06-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Well, um......he kept askin'...........y'all dropped out......sorta.

I didn't mean to slight anyone, honest. Yes, you were the first.

I'm sorry.

P.S.
I thought hard about Eddie's suggestion, but I hated to lose such a long, HD cord........they are rare......and I'm glad I salvaged it whole.

Thumper
06-28-2013, 07:42 PM
YEAH! What am I? Chopped liver? :pissed

Buckrub
06-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Well, yes, but I am still sorry I singled out CO9. I appreciate all the suggestions. This one was puzzling............

Niner
06-28-2013, 11:57 PM
I kept TELLING you to take the danged ends off and ohm it out.
Evidently one of the four hot/neutral connections was not seated properly.

Glad ya got the rascal all re-paired and stuff.

Big Muddy
06-29-2013, 12:25 AM
What the hell???!!! I'm not potted meat, either!!!

I thought you previously said you had already replaced both ends, and it still did not work???

I thought you said your professional electrician had already inspected and tested the cord???

You might oughta consider getting a new electrician, if he couldn't find something as simple as a bad connector plug.

(P.S. glad you were able to salvage a family heirloom.)

Arty
06-29-2013, 09:51 AM
What cord!?

Just kidding.

Buckrub
06-29-2013, 11:08 AM
The electrician tested it first, THEN I put ends on it.

Y'all strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.

Big Muddy
06-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Y'all strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.

Uhhhh, okay, maybe we'll remember that, next time you gotta a MAJOR problem, and asking for ideas....say like, when you ask something like,
"If I use my left hand to screw in a lightbulb, do I still turn the threads to the right???" ;););)