PDA

View Full Version : Please forgive me!!!.....I am soooooo sorry!!!.....

Big Muddy
06-29-2013, 05:08 PM
"""My dear friends, I am writing this to make a heartfelt confession.

A little over 25 years ago, while in a different time here in our country, I used the “C” word.

It wasn’t used in a malicious way, or intended to be derogatory toward anyone, or even a sign of disrespect to people around me. I grew up hearing the word used frequently, and felt it was just another part of our language.
When I last used the "C" word, I was actually referring to some of my own kinfolks....my first cousins, as a matter of fact.
But now, because of this admission of guilt, I’m quite certain I will be paying a severe price.

Because of my honesty and verbal admission of a common mistake made by many, I will now be black listed as untouchable by so many business entities that are near and dear to our collective hearts.

I hope that my sincere request for forgiveness is heard far and wide, and shared with as many of your friends as is possible. I truly want you all to know that in my heart, I have changed.

I have kept my promise made a quarter century ago, and plan to continue keeping it.
I promise to all of you that you will never ever hear me utter the term “CoonAss” ever again!!! """

(P.S. - I have a real bad habit of plagiarizing, too....please forgive me for that, too.) ;)

Captain
06-29-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm sure Sandy will be proud of you... :D

I must also confess for using the slang. Back about the mid 1970's I was working in New Orleans and used the term regular. I was dating a girl there and she described herself as a 14k. Coonass Cajun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
06-29-2013, 10:21 PM
You can't say "blacklisted"...........

BarryBobPosthole
06-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Coonass ain't racial, at least according to Doug Kershaw. They called 'em that because they always had a coon thrown over their shoulder is what he said it meant.
Most southern Louisannans call them selves coonass whether they're cajun or not it seems.

BKB

Thumper
06-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Short Thump story ... The first time I ever heard the term was in the military. I met a guy who said he was from Baton Rouge and he was 100% "coonass". I have to admit, at the time, I had no clue what he was talking about. He had dark (French) features, but didn't really look "black" to me. After I got to know him better, I asked him to explain the term. I was a bit confused as it sounded degrading to me, but he was proud of it. Many years later, I met a gal with the same background (the girlfriend of a buddy) and said something along the lines of, "Oh, so you're a coonass!" Things went downhill from there ... she wasn't real happy with me after that. It's kind of a confusing term I guess and I've refrained from ever using it again 'cause I have the feeling I don't totally understand it.