PDA

View Full Version : Good news--bad news (really bad news).....

Big Muddy
06-30-2013, 06:17 PM
The good news........

My 11 yr. old grandson pitched his baseball team to 4th place in the MS Championship....however, that was not quite good enough to make it to the Regional World Series in Gulf Shores, Ala, this week.

One of the opposing teams, who DID win a berth to the RWS, called my son, last night, and wants my grandson to pitch for them in the RWS....this exception can only be granted by the RWS directors, under an emergency release situation.

The really bad news.....

The pitcher for the opposing team had a younger 2 year old brother....I don't have all the details, but somehow, the child accidentally locked himself in a vehicle, out in the blazing sun, resulting in death.

Rightfully so, the family is devastated, and declined going to the RWS....therefore, the emergency release was granted for my grandson to pitch for the other team.

I can't think of a more horrible way for anyone to die, especially a child.

My prayers go out for this family.

Thumper
06-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Oh man ... I don't know what to say. That really, really sucks.

Good for the grandson I suppose ... just not the ideal way to acquire the honor. That kinda takes a bit of the shine off the overall picture, BUT it sounds like he earned it and this is a nice opportunity for him.

Talk about "mixed feelings"!

Condolences to the family.

LW
06-30-2013, 06:41 PM
That is horrible. On the bright side, your grandson will be embraced by the team for helping them out and he will have a great time. That was always my kids experience when he would "mercenary" himself out like that back during youth ball. Let us know how it goes.

Big Muddy
06-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Yep, I agree....however, grandson will be participating with a team that is dedicating all of their playing efforts to the stricken family.

Buckrub
06-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear this... glad you have a talented grandson. Congrats.

Captain
06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
That hurts to read. So sorry for that family

Congrats to your Grandson on a wonderful opportunity.
Take Care, Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner