PDA

View Full Version : survived day one in the white shirt.

LW
07-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I hadn't said anything here but I recently got promoted to deputy fire chief after a rather extensive interview process and competing with several other really good guys. It felt really funny putting on the white shirt and bugles after all of these years. As funny as it sounds, I was afraid that the guys that I had been on shift with for years were going to laugh their asses off today when I walked in to the station. No such thing happened. Everyone shook my hand and congratulated me which was nice. Busy first day and got nothing useful done. Got my computers and office in line. My wife came up and walked in to my office and turned around and went and got paint. She didn't even let me consult on the color. The bugles on my collar mean nothing to her.

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
And that is as it is supposed to be. A rule of nature is what it is. Question it at your peril.

Congrats, man. That's very cool news. I like people who are the best at what they do. Inspires me. We gots a few of those here, but they're not that common elsewhere.

Only one question: Does it get you any new fishing spots?

BKB

Sunshine
07-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Congratulations!!!

What a week to start your position!!!

Hot fire weather and now fireworks.

Buckrub
07-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Well congratulations! STILL no picture???

Not a great time to be a fireman, but THANK YOU for doing it!

LW
07-03-2013, 10:26 PM
I really dont look forward to hearing all the armchair quarterbacking that will go on about that young hotshot crew. The media will eventually start crucifying somebody and it will probably be the incident commander etc. As a guy that has been seriously burned, I will tell you that nobody gets in that spot on purpose. God bless those guys.

Bwana
07-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Congrats on the promotion LW and as has been said, thanks for doing what you do!

LJ3
07-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Very cool LW! That's not a small accomplishment.

What color did the wife choose for your office? :)

Captain
07-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Congrats on the promotion! That is great, and thanks for what you do...
Never loose sight of the fact, the higher you go, the closer to the door you are. I speak from experience.... :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LW
07-05-2013, 05:55 PM
You are right Captain. I am as high as I want to go. The wife chose a lovely green for my office. It is better than bright white.

Gunther
07-10-2013, 11:42 AM
You gonna miss the streets bud.

LW
07-11-2013, 08:36 PM
The good thing is that I still get to be out on the street just in a different capacity.

FooBang
07-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Both my uncle and his son retired as fire chiefs.. I do appreciate the accomplishment you've achieved! Good work and congrats!