PDA

View Full Version : Only cause Thump is not 100% healthy

Buckrub
07-04-2013, 04:41 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-joey-chestnut-wins-seventh-straight-title-070413

Thumper
07-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Cool! If I were to shoot for a certain number ... I can't think of a better number than 69! ;)

About 10 years ago the Mayor called and asked me what I was doing on (whatever day it was). I told him I was going to be working on one of his properties. He told me to cancel my work for that day and meet him at the fairgrounds at a certain time. He had pledged $1000 to some charity if his entry didn't win a rib eating contest. He said there was nobody that worked for the Mayor's office that he thought might have a chance, so he entered MY name! I have to admit I put up a good fight, but lost out to a couple of firefighters. (I think I took 3rd place) They were experienced and had already won a few times from previous years. I had to hang my head in shame as the Mayor paid his debt. :(

I'm sure he had every intention of paying it anydamnway ... but it gave him a good excuse to mess with me for a couple weeks after that.

The sucky part is, the ribs were supplied by one of my favorite rib joints plus there was plenty of sweet tea and BBQ sauce on the side. Eating in competition sucked because I couldn't take time to use any sauce and didn't really have time to enjoy what I was eating. :(

Buckrub
07-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Ah, if only Lesser Slave Lake, AB had a chicken eating contest...........

LJ3
07-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Didn't we polish off a couple hunnert wings at Hooters?

Buckrub
07-05-2013, 09:28 AM
That's only 2 small parts from 50 chickens. In LSL, AB, he ate 50 chickens.............but they WERE smaller than southern chickens, I'll admit.

Thumper
07-05-2013, 03:06 PM
I spend all morning at estate sales and youse guys spend the day talkin' behind my back!

Bwana
07-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Yes they did Thump, but did you locate any cool finds?

Thumper
07-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Yes they did Thump, but did you locate any cool finds?

Naaa, nothing really cool ... pretty slow day actually. The regular (licensed) estate sellers took the weekend off in observance of the holiday. Everything I went to today were buttheads having garage/yard sales and advertising them as "estate sales". I did stumble on a box of brand new John Deere (cigarette) lighters that was kind'a cool and the guy gave me a good deal. They're pretty hot with collectors, so I just listed one on e-Bay to "test the waters" (I have 5 of them). They should be an easy sell. They're in a white "sleeve" box and even come with a little bottle of lighter fluid. ;)

Thumper
07-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Well, that's cool. The first one sold in 6 hours! Four to go ...

Thumper
07-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Woke up this morning to another sale. Make that three to go .... ;)

Thumper
07-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Three down .. two to go! (told ya' they should be a hot seller)

Thumper
07-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Four down, one to go! Dang, they sell as fast as I can list 'em! Sure wish I'd found more of these things. :(

Thumper
07-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Dang! I wish I'd found 100 of these things! Number 5 just sold. I think that's a record for me ... 5 of 'em in 18 hours! I'm officially out of inventory. :(

All-in-all ... not a bad profit for a $5 total investment and 15 minutes of time. I listed 'em at $16.00/each ... maybe should'a gone for $20.