PDA

View Full Version : FWIW.... movie info.

Big Muddy
07-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Got talked into going to see the new Lone Ranger movie last night.

PG-13. ....kids loved it.

Johnny Depp, as Tonto is hilarious, but movie itself is pretty corny.

The "REAL" Lone Ranger would turn over in his grave !!!!! ;)

Buckrub
07-07-2013, 01:31 PM
2nd hand info from a friend......

AVOID "white house down".

Thumper
07-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Just walked out of Lone Ranger. I'll admit I laughed a couple times but it was basically a total waste of time and money. Don't fall for all the high priced studio hype. Might be fun for 12 and under.

Buckrub
07-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Description in today's paper said it was a 'joke' and Depp was stupid, and dressed in makeup like an African tribe (he mentioned the name) rather than some indian......and grunted like a drunk idiot mostly.

That's what he said.

Big Muddy
07-07-2013, 04:44 PM
No kiddin', WH Down isnt any good, huh???

Wifey and I were thinking about going to see it this afternoon.

Whats wrong with it, other than the fact that Jamie Fox is a racist prick???

Buckrub
07-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Only repeating what a friend of mine and his date both said. I don't know. Said it sucked.

Thumper
07-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Sitting in the theater right now waiting for WHD to start. I'll let you know. Just finished watching Heat. Laughed so hard I cried and almost busted a gut.

Thumper
07-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Got free movie passes for the day. Gonna see all we can squeeze in. Even got free Coke & popcorn! :D

Captain
07-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Only repeating what a friend of mine and his date both said.

You got a friend! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
07-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Two.

Thumper
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
White House Down gets a zero or 1 for believability. Typical Hollywood b/s. but as an action film it would get a 8-9 I suppose. Take it for what it is and it's ok. Waiting for World War Z right now. Hope to catch Despicable Me 3 after this one.

quercus alba
07-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I haven't been in a movie theater since Robin Williams played in popeye. About 1980?

Thumper
07-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Well damn! Didn't realize the "Z" in World War Z stands for zombies! :(

Chicken Dinner
07-07-2013, 10:45 PM
The new Star Trek movie was good.

Thumper
07-08-2013, 09:14 AM
No kiddin', WH Down isnt any good, huh???

Wifey and I were thinking about going to see it this afternoon.

Whats wrong with it, other than the fact that Jamie Fox is a racist prick???

Well, I seriously doubt YOU would like it. The first family in the movie are VERY OBVIOUS clones to the present first family ... right down to Michelle's hair-do. Actually, "Michelle" is only shown for about a minute as she watches the TV news with one of the daughters (who is only shown from the back). One of the first things I heard at the beginning of the movie was some "anti-Obama"(?) type complaining that our Commander in Chief had never served in the military. Of course, during the rest of the movie he evolves into one of the two heroes.

Not even taking that into account ... as I stated elsewhere ... the believability factor is a big fat zero. You have to simply take it for what it is ... a Hollywood type "action" movie. Not all that bad if you go into it with that frame of mind.

Chicken Dinner
07-08-2013, 09:18 AM
My 13 year old saw WH Down and said it was an awesome action flick. Think of it as a trashy summer novel and you'd probably enjoy it.

johnboy
07-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Currently reading Max Brook's book "WWZ" and believe me, the movie is very far from the novel. The movie was ok but the book is very good and a recommended read.