PDA

View Full Version : Cicadas singing.....

Niner
07-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Sitting out on the deck grilling up some wings for dinner. And listening to the Cidadia's song. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my Dad called them July Flys. If you live in a part of the country that doesn't have these little bugs, your missing out on one of nature's symphonies.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/bugs/cicada/

Sunshine
07-09-2013, 09:50 PM
I've got a pot roast that's been cooking all day in the crock pot. House smells sooooo good! :D

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Ours will start up soon. None yet though.
BKB

quercus alba
07-10-2013, 06:35 AM
I don't see the correlation between locust and pot roast, but I'll just go with it. I think I prefer the pot roast singing tho.................

Chicken Dinner
07-10-2013, 08:08 AM
We were supposed to be plagued by the 17 year cicadas this year, but the closest they can was about 20 miles away. I saw my first husk of one drying just this past week. However, I haven't heard any yet. It was 79 degrees when I woke up this morning, so I'm sure they'll be out in force soon.

Thumper
07-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Going full force down here right now.

Ha ha QA! I assume the tie-in with Sunny's pot roast was the fact Mr. Co9 was cooking wings. Ya' have to give her a break ... she's blonde! ;)

Sunshine
07-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Hay!!!! He's grilling wings, so I posted what I was cooking!! It had nothing to do with being blonde .......this time!!!' :D

By the way, that pot roast melted in my mouth!!'
It was good and lots of leftovers.

Put Ken's potion through the food processor and purée it for him.
He had purée pot roast, mash potatoes, purée fresh peas!!!
Smell throughout the house ,all day, drove him nuts!!

We don't have those locus bugs up here, so I commented on the grill part, of his post. !!

BarryBobPosthole
07-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I've been seeing a lot of cicada killers out in the yard lately so I know they're out there, they just haven't started singing yet. Those damned things are harmless but they sure remind me of japanese zeroes. the meanest looking critter that flies I think.
BKB

Thumper
07-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Put Ken's potion through the food processor and purée it for him.

Ha ha! I was gonna crack on you for that (I assume you meant "portion") ... but in actuality, I guess they BOTH work. :D

Sunshine
07-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Yep I meant portion. Dang IPhone!