PDA

View Full Version : The Benefits of Being Old

Buckrub
07-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Just got my LAST and LIFETIME Arkansas Hunting and Fishing License in the mail today. State Duck stamp included, Trout Stamp included..........

No more buying licenses. Ever.

Ta Da Ta DAAAA!

BarryBobPosthole
07-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I guess they figure you're just too old to do much damage so they give them to you for free?

BKB

Buckrub
07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I bet that's it.

They weren't FREE. Cost me $47.50............the normal retail price. But it's the LAST one I ever have to buy, this one lasts forever.

My luck, I'll die next week.

Thumper
07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I got a note from FWS that I can now get free hunting and fishing licenses since I've been classified as "totally and permanently disabled". Dang! I've sold all my guns to pay bills. :(

Buckrub
07-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Send me your card. I can get a lot of free and reduced camping with that! Plus a ton of state's do free hunting and fishing.

BarryBobPosthole
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Read the fine print. Old folks with those licenses can only fish with a cane pole.

BKB

Buckrub
07-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Fine with me.

Thumper
07-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Pretty good deal here:

Persons with Disabilities Resident Hunting/Fishing License(residents only)

To receive a no-cost Persons with Disabilities Resident Hunting and Fishing License, applicants must provide proof of being totally and permanently disabled. The license is not a disability accommodation but an economic accommodation for the segment of Florida's disabled population who typically can least afford to pay for the license.

What this license allows:

◾Hunting and Fishing - that provides the same coverage as having Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzle loading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits

DeputyDog
07-12-2013, 05:45 AM
Indiana used to offer lifetime licenses to anyone for a pretty decent price. I got my lifetime hunting and fishing license in 1993 for $744. It included all stamps. It's paid for itself many years ago. The only thing I have to buy is a federal duck stamp.