PDA

View Full Version : 9 years ago today

Buckrub
07-14-2013, 04:59 PM
I was waking up in Cardio ER and amazed I was alive.

Sunshine
07-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Glad you're still with us Bucky!!

Wouldn't be the same without you!! :D

LW
07-15-2013, 01:46 AM
I agree with Sunshine.

Thumper
07-15-2013, 05:53 AM
I remember one of the dumbest things from my hospital stay. The "mental health" doctor/nurse would come in the I.C.U. regularly to see how I was holding up. One of their usual questions was the day & date. Sheesh, I hardly even know what date it is NOW ... and many times forget which day it is even! I thought it was a ridiculous question and told them so. Especially since I couldn't even get out of bed and the room may as well have been windowless (the single window was behind me someplace). That hospital runs 24/7 and people come in and out of the room constantly. Half the time I didn't know if it was daytime or nighttime. I'd usually figure the approximate time since the x-ray techs showed up almost everyday around 3:00 am. I finally asked Lynn to bring me a calendar and hang it on the wall where I could see it. I asked the day nurses to please mark off the days every morning so I could keep track of the date. After a month or so of that, I went into a coma and still remember the confusion when I came out of it while looking at that calendar wondering where the last week and a half went! It's great to still be on the top side of the grass ain't it Buckster? ;)

jb
07-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Ya,me too.

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Glad both of you made it!
BKB

Buckrub
07-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, me more than Thump, I'm sure, but hey..............

Seriously, to be honest, what I had was an 'aberration'.........and I'm back to doing most of what I did. Thump's was life changing, and it A) pisses me off and B) makes me worry about him more than me. (Did I say that outloud?)

Chicken Dinner
07-15-2013, 09:17 AM
That doesn't seem possible 'cause I remember both like they were yesterday.

Penguin
07-15-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm glad to have both of you around. We're all lucky we live in days when they can fix stuff that used to put us in the ground. Some of what they can fix is absolutely amazing. Well to me anyway.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2013, 09:18 AM
As we've all gotten a bit longer in the tooth it seems to me like we've had our share of stuff that have made the true character come out in people. Fighters one and all. and we still have some brothers we gotta get through some shit too.

BKB

LJ3
07-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Word up, nizzle.

Buckrub
07-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Len has GOT to get back to Country Music and get off that hip hop b/s, or I'm going to have to find a Translator App.

FTR, I am amazed more at my shoulder fix than my heart. Heart fix is 20 years old (medicated stints). To have fixed a rotator cuff with four small holes, now invisible, that was torn so badly, is amazing. If the Lord lets me live long enough, I will end up with the other shoulder done, both knees, and at least one hip. My 39 year old cousin's girl had her hip done, and NO rehab at all, and she just functions normally again, poof. All done arthroscopically with no big scars. I know an old man that had a 'new hip' about 30 years ago (the life of most joint replacements) and he can barely walk now, uses a walker, all that. How far that stuff has come is amazing.

I don't get why cancer is such a beast to find and fix, is what I don't get. But hey.............I'm impressed......(he said on his way to the doctor this morning for recurring asthma problems!!!) ha.

Chicken Dinner
07-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Fo shizzle.

Buckrub
07-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Eastern Seaboard Vocabulary Anomoly

LJ3
07-15-2013, 11:03 AM
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TVJPB3W54Tc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just sayin. All you have to do is google it!