PDA

View Full Version : Halfway Home

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2013, 03:42 PM
....and we'll be there by morning. Pardon me Mr Goodman, but you must not have been talking about baseball. ITs a long season.

Glad the Cards wound up back on top of the heap by the break. 21 games over 500 with 69 games left. That means if they play the remainder at one game below 500 (34-35), they'll end the season at 91-71, and that's five games better than their 2011 WS champ year. I'd take it, and I think that's pretty much what we can expect to see in the second half. Too many little issues are finally starting to cost them. But I enjoy watching them play regardless. With the schedule they have in September it could be a pretty neat division race.

and this just in from Bud selig's office.....

Bud Selig defends MLB drug program
Updated: July 15, 2013, 2:38 PM ET
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig insists "this sport is cleaner than it's ever been."

Selig declined to detail timing for decisions on the sport's investigation of the closed anti-aging clinic Biogenesis, accused of distributing performing-enhancing drugs. MLB could attempt to discipline former MVPs Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun along with other players.

Speaking Monday during a question-and-answer session arranged by Politico, Selig defended baseball's drug-testing program, which began for the 2003 season.

"People say, `Well, you were slow to react.' We were not slow to react," he said. "In fact, I heard that this morning, and it aggravated me all over again."

........after which Bud said "Excuse me, I have to go suspend 25 players.

BKB